t w e l v e: that looks familiar

"Actually

"Actually." Sam said, breaking their silence as they made their way to Ursula's. "I don't think I want to see Uma right now."

"Fine." HJ said. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know." Sam said. "I just don't want to see Uma. Not until I feel like it."

"Alright." HJ said as they turned around and walked back the way they'd came. The two of them walked through the marketplace. Sam glanced at the Enchantress' stand and sure enough it was still empty.

"The Enchantress is a fucking coward." Sam said. "Why doesn't she bother to show her face to me? I'm not going to do anything her."

"Sam." HJ said. "I'm your friend, one of your longest friends and even I don't believe that."

"I mean." Sam said. "I'd kill her with words, not actually kill her you know?"

"I don't know." HJ said. "Care to enlighten me?"

"I'll just keep asking her questions." Sam said. "Wait until I get answers, and when I do, I'll just take them, see I won't murder her. I'm not that crazy."

"I'm not completely sold on that." HJ said. "But you believe what you want to believe. I can't try to make sense of it."

"Thanks Hector." Sam said. "That makes me feel so much better."

"No problem," HJ said. "But I didn't mean it to hurt you so stop assuming that."

"I didn't assume anything?" Sam said. "Why are you assuming that I assumed what you were assuming about me?"

"Repeat that." HJ said. "I have no idea what you just said."

"But you know what?" Sam said. "I don't either. Don't make me repeat myself."

"That's hilarious Sam." HJ said. "You can't remember what you just said. Never mind I can't remember what you just said either."

"Yes." Sam said. "Now Stop judging HJ."

"I'm not judging." HJ said. "I'm just stating facts about what I just saw."

"That's cute." Sam said. "Facts about what you saw? What facts?"

"That you say things and don't know what it is you said." HJ said.

"Sometimes I don't listen to things I say just so I can be surprised as everyone else at what comes out of my mouth." Sam said. "That's caused lots of problems by the way."

"I'm sure it has." HJ said. "Everyone wishes you had a filter. Everyone wishes that you thought before you speak. But that's not you."

"It isn't." Sam said. "Thanks for realizing that HJ."

"Oh it's HJ now huh?" HJ asked."I don't like how it sounds when you say it. Like you're insulting me."

"Shut up Hector." Sam said. "I slip up sometimes. Everyone else calls you that."

"Yeah." HJ said. "But you made it a point to call me Hector just to annoy me."

"I do a lot of things just to annoy you." Sam said. "Annoying you is like annoying Sammy. I love seeing how you guys react to it."

"I'm not sure we see it that way." HJ said.

"Well start seeing it that way." Sam said.

"Where are we going again?" HJ asked. "We've walked around the marketplace twice now."

"I don't know." Sam said. "I just felt like walking around. I don't know where we are headed."

"That's fine." HJ said. "We can walk around a couple more times if you want."

The two walked around the marketplace, picking up hats from a stand and trying them on. Sam picked up a top hat and placed it on her head.

"That makes you look like Maddie." HJ said.

"It does doesn't it?" Sam said with a frown, placing the hat back in the stand.

She didn't blame Maddie for backing out of the deal she made with Quinn, if Sam had been offered it she probably wouldn't have either. It seemed weird that Maddie hadn't dreamed of being there since then.she always had come at least once a week. It was odd that she hadn't showed up in so long. That she hadn't thought of them for that long.

It seemed dumb that she was thinking about Maddie right at the moment that HJ mentioned her when she hadn't really given her a thought since what happened at the Coronation.

Maybe Maddie had done the same thing?

It actually looked like a hat Maddie made because she did that on her free time, at least she said, what she had told Sam.

Sam had never hated Maddie, not even when the events of the Cornation took place. She didn't hate Maddie and she wanted Maddie to know that. She wanted her to know there was at least one person here that didn't hate her for turning on them.

Maddie had been their last hope.

They'd told themselves if the Vks failed, Maddie wouldn't fail them. Maddie would stick up for them like she always had.

They'd been wrong.

They were still here on the Isle of the Lost, while Mal and her crew lived it up in Auradon.

It didn't really bother Sam that they'd turned on them. She'd expected that much. There were only five of them and they were surrounded by all the goody goody people of Auradon.

They were set up for failure.

Maddie couldn't have been a last hope. She too had been doomed to fail as many who tried to escape the Isle had. CJ had stepped foot in Auradon and had decided it was okay to shrug off the idea of her being a malicious pirate. Freddie had gone to Auradon and ditched the tarot cards her father had prided himself on. Zevon had given up his plan to take over Auradon because he had been told to.

If any villain kid went to Auradon they were bound to forget their old ways, it was a given.

But their parents didn't see that and everyone seemed to realize they wouldn't be getting off anytime soon.

Sam shook the thoughts out of her head, picking up a chipped tiara that looked rather familiar.

"I'm pretty sure that belonged to Evie." HJ said. "It looks exactly like one of the ones she used to wear."

Sam traced the heart that glimmered at the center of the tiara.

"Yeah." Sam said. "See you later HJ."

She didn't let him reply as she left the marketplace, heading back to Mal's hideout.