s e v e n: parental issues

Sam had said goodbye to Harriet before they got anywhere near Hook's Inlet, something about her not wanting to see her father, but Sam didn't really care

What she was surprised to see was that Harry of all people had decided to scare her when she walked through the doors.

She wasn't really thinking when it happened. She'd been sitting at the cash register, waiting for whoever wanted to buy fishing supplies. She'd been focused on sharpening her knife, that she hadn't expected him to appear behind her and scream boo in her ear.

She didn't even know why it had scared her, but it had ended up with her knife embedded in the wall and Harry laughing hysterically on the floor.

"Where did you come from?" Sam asked, placing a hand over her racing heart, and kicking him in the side. "It's not funny."

"It is." Harry said, still remaining on the floor. "It's hilarious. I didn't think it would work. I thought you saw me."

"No I did not." Sam said, standing up from her stool and walking over to the wall. She pulled the knife out, slipping it into her boot. "I didn't see anyone in here."

Sam walked back and sat down, looking down at where Harry still lay on the floor.

"Why are you still laughing?" Sam said, kicking him in the side. "Stop it. It's not funny, Harry. It wasn't that funny."

Harry stopped laughing and Sam began playing with the cash register, ignoring his presence. She felt his hand wrap around her foot, pulling her onto the floor. Sam frowned, her hair opened, fanning around her in a puddle of blonde curls. Harry laughed, pulling at her hair.

"I liked your hair when it was longer." Harry said, pulling at it slightly.

"It's not even that short." Sam said, pushing his hand away. "Don't touch it."

"I like that you put red in it." Harry said with a smirk. "I wonder why."

"I wonder why." Sam repeated mockingly, rolling her eyes. "Not everything is about you, Harry. You're imlkrtant."

"You love me so much." Harry said, a grin forming on his face. "That you dyed your hair to my favorite color and I'm very important to you."

"I didn't do it for you." Sam said, pushing her hair away from her face. "And I didn't do it because I love you."

"Yes you did." Harry said, pulling her closer to him. "And you said you love me. Today's a good day."

"It would have been a better day if you hadn't woken me up at 5 in the morning." Sam said, leaning her head against his chest.

"I'm sorry." Harry said, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "I didn't mean to."

"But you did." Sam said, ignoring the butterflies that began to flutter in her stomach and turning her head to look at him. His lips brushed hers teasingly as if he knew what was going on in her. brain, before he pressed his lips to hers.

The doors to the shop opened, but neither of them bothered to get up. The click clack of heels was heard, and both seemed curious as to who would show up to a fishing shop.

"Skye-." The Evil Queen called, pausing as she saw what was in front of her. "No! You didn't get back with that boy did you? I was ecstatic to here that you two broke up."

Sam pulled away from Harry, turning her head slightly so she could see her mother.

"Hi mom." Sam said. "What did you need?"

"What do I need?" Her mother asked. "Do I need a reason to see my lovely daughter? And get off the floor. A princess doesn't lie on the floor."

"Mom." Sam said. "You haven't showed your face since Evie left and uh, became a traitor and all. And I'm not a princess."

"Your sister?" Her mother asked. "I'm so over that. She'll get what is coming for her."

"I don't know what you mean by that." Sam said. "But as long as I don't have anything to do with it I'm fine. It's not like she's ever coming back. She's forgotten all about you and me. It doesn't matter what she does anymore."

"You are not more important to her than me." The Evil Queen said. "I am her mother,"

"But she never said she loved you," Sam said, "so I don't think that matters."

"Skye." The Evil Queen said, her voice rising slightly.

"Yes." Sam said, not caring for her anger. Her mother smiled, a smile she knew all to well. "Mom. I am not helping you with your Evie problem. Figure it out on your own."

"Now Sam-." The Evil Queen began, but she was interrupted by her father who had entered the room.

"What's going on here?" Mr. Smee asked, the smile on his face faltering as he saw the Evil Queen. "What is she doing here?"

"I don't know." Sam said. "She wanted help with her Evie problem and I said no and now she's yelling at me."

"I wasn't yelling at you."

"You kind of were." Harry said, causing the Evil Queen to glare at him,

"Don't look at Harry like that. He hasn't done anything to you." Smee said.

"He hasn't done anything wrong?" The Evil Queen challenged. "Have you not heard what the Enchantress said. There is something wrong with that."

"I guess." Smee said. "But we cant change it."

"Yes we cannot." The Evil Queen said. "Unless..."

"No." Smee said. "We will not do that."

"She's my daughter." The Evil Queen said.

"She's my daughter too." Smee said. "We'll let her decide what she wants to do."

"We're going to let Sam make her own decisions." Evil Queen said. "That never works."

"I'm right here." Sam said.

"We know." They said at the same time.

"Now I have other things to do." The Evil Queen said. "I'll talk to you later young lady. Don't think this is over because your dad stepped in."

Her father went back to the Jolly Roger, that was parked outside the shop as her mother went to who knows where.

"Did you understand anything they just said?" Harry asked.

"No." Sam said. "I never understand what they say when they talk to each other."