Orphanage ways.

If you have a look down this small, dark and crowded street you will notice a huge brick building squashed into a space of land. The building has paint peeling of most of the walls.
( that actually have paint on them)
Outside above the small crooked door is a window. Above that window ( that holds a poor child) is a huge sign dangling by 4 metal pipes.
The sign spells: ORPHANAGE
Next to the sign it says something that got rubbed out years ago.
There is a lovely maroon pot that has dark soil in it and the plants inside are certainly not living ( the person who planted them also gave up on them) they are dead curled and deformed tulips, orange tulips. Well they are brown now but they used to be orange.
Inside the orphanage is a girl with light brown waist length hair. She is 12 years old along with most of her fellow friends in there.
She is horse crazy and loves the outside and she is inquisitive about mechanical things and inventions.

This girl goes by the name of Emily.

Present~
Emily looks up to the dank pastel grey ceiling that holds her captive.
Then she focuses her eyes on the window. Her favourite place to stand when she is bored. (Most of her time here)

Why did my parents have to die and leave me with nothing? I guess its not there fault that they got murdered but then they were detectives.... so
We lived in country though so it was amazing out there. The trees were constantly swishing and the chickens were constantly clucking and the sun was constantly setting on the hills.
So peaceful. She thinks to herself.

Some heavy footsteps remind her where she is. In the prison or home for lovely girls as they called it.

The door creaks open and a head peers in. Miss donaldson. A plump blond haired woman with green slanty glasses. All my time here i had noticed that she had always picked on me. And always squeezed her large body into tiny clothes. (Mostly 'showy' dresses)

"Emily Nessington, please come out to breakfast immediately." She pauses and then adds, "You have been in bed for far to long, girls like you should be putting in the hard effort,"
"In a moment miss" emily stutters out
"Well...uh...make it quick" miss donaldson huffs.

Emily jumps up the moment the lady leaves.
She walks to her drawers and pulls out a stretchy horse lovers T shirt and some track pants.

She had one thing in her mind right now: don't be late for breakfast!