Mind is on the run

Emily was not really enjoying it here.
Her so called parents ranted on and on about always keeping the house clean even though it wasn't her who made the mess. It was still miserably dirty though.
She was almost getting teased now too, she was in the perfect place for a horse. There was very old stableso turned into a stable at the back of there property. Exactly 12 acres which is enough for about 5 horses, And most of the land had been turned into paddocks. Absolutely perfect.
The past weeks here weren't exactly fun either. She was either doing chores or learning to cook from Don. Or reading that was her only pleasure.

Emily looked out of the paned window. She had managed to turn her room into a nice cozy room with bright orange sheets on her bed. Her favourite colour of the whole greyish house.

She had also managed to get a horse calender in a two dollar store.
Right now it was march and the horse on the calender front was a pure white, rearing stallion. A Camargue. It reminded Emily of a horse bearing a coat of arms. She dreamed about competing in the olimpics one day, on a solid trusty steed.
A brush flying underneathe him, the wind roaring in her ears, a trakhner up ahead. Galloping up to it. 2 strides 1 stride. Over! Onto the next one.
Emily brought her focus back to her room. She picked up her favourite book out of the 3 she had and started reading through the pages.

"John" i cried "come back to me, don't leave me!" I sweep the tears out of my puffy red eyes. He rode away into the midnightish sky. I climbed back into my ute and drove away, down the long road back to my home. I play some loud blaring music to try and forget my fears and sadness. Everything swells around me and before i know it the world is black and i can hear the screeching of metal on metal. Then darkness.

"No" Emily cried, she shut the book as quickly as she opened and through it across the floor. It swiveled and then came to a stop.
That's so not fair,
My favourite book destroyed!
Nooo, she thought.

"Dinner time, Emily!" Jackie's voice floated through the walls.
"Ok" Emily shouted back.
Something to get her mind of the book, perfect!

*30 mins later-
When Emily had finished her dinner she asked if she could leave the table, when the answer was a yes she got up and took her dishes to the sink.
"Goodnight" emily said
"Ok see you tomorrow morning, bright and early."
"No" she mumbled
"What's that?" Jackie replied
"Nothing"

Emily briskly walked to her room and once she was inside she locked the door. She then took all the extra pillows of her bed and chicked them on the floor.
Peeling back then covers Emily squeezed into the tightly made bed.
As soon as her head hit the pillow she fell straight into a slumber as she was so tired from staying up last night reading horse magazines.