Chapter 7

"Eve, wake up."

She didn't want to. Wanted to stay in the softness of her dreams. "Mmm," she mumbled, rolling onto her stomach and pushing her face into a pillow. A hand trailed the curve of her spine and she wriggled.

"Eve." Gideon's voiced pulled at her, dragging her from sleep.

"You're mean," she groaned then yelped as he slapped her still sensitive bottom. "I'm awake!"

"Good." She could hear the laughter in his voice.

She lifted her head and he pushed the mass of hair out of her eyes. He held her phone in front of her. "Your mother's been calling."

"Thank you," she said before swiping the screen. Getting to her number was easy, as she was the only person she called. Holding the phone to her ear, she dropped her head back into the pillow.

The bed dipped beside her as her mom answered.

"Hello?"

"Mom, hey, sorry I missed your calls. I was asleep."

Fingers traced complicated patterns on her skin and she turned her head, trying to glare at him through her hair. That didn't work so she tried to squirm away, but a hand pressed down on the small of her back, pinning her effortlessly to the bed.

"Asleep?" Her mom asked.

"I was taking a nap," she lied.

"I have my pilot ready. Where am I flying?"

Warm breath trailed her skin as Gideon ran his teeth over her shoulder. Flying. Good question. Focus Eve!

"Missoula." Gideon whispered in her ear before nibbling the lobe.

"Missoula, Mom. The airport there." Chills broke the surface of her skin and she shivered.

"Okay. Where do I go after that?"

"I'll be there to pick you up."

"I'm leaving in a couple of hours. Getting packed right now. I'll call you again before the flight."

"Please do. And be careful." She swallowed hard as Gideon's hand gripped the flesh of her bottom, squeezing softly before letting go. "It's a long flight, Mom, try to get some sleep."

"Listen to you giving me advice now." Her mom's laughter was soft and Eve smiled before biting off a curse as Gideon pulled her leg, opening her for more exploration. "Are you okay?"

Eve flushed before lying once more. "Yes, just stubbed my toe."

"Put some ice on it."

Eve nodded, unable to say anything as Gideon stroked her. She swallowed. "Okay. Again, please be careful. Call me when you takeoff and land. I'll have my phone on me."

"I will, baby girl. I love you."

"I love you too, Mom."

She hit the end button on the phone, then closed her eyes with a sigh as Gideon nibbled the flesh of her ass. "You are a monster." Letting go of the phone, she gripped the pillow, letting the flames burn through her as he trailed his tongue over the skin he just nipped at.

"And you are so responsive," he said, gripping her hips, flipping her over.

This was what she couldn't see the night before. The lust, desire for her, burning in his eyes.

He stood by the edge of the bed and she moved, getting to her hands and knees, crawling to him. His eyes darkened and as she reached him, she rose on her knees, wrapped her arm around his neck and pulled him down, sealing her lips to his.