Chapter 4

Over the next couple of days, they developed a sort of routine.

Still recovering from her accident, Eve slept a lot. She made sure to sleep during the day so that she wouldn't be lonely. While she was told she could wonder the house, Sebastian's words of warning about Fallon stuck with her. The very last thing she wanted to do was cause tension between them. It wasn't Fallon's fault she was stuck here. It was none of their faults. All they tried to do was save her.

She was the stranger here. She had invaded their lives.

Anytime they were together as a group, she would do her best to ignore him. Unfortunately, his voice was spoken sin and if he said something directly to her, she would answer without even thinking. Thankfully, he didn't address her often.

But his eyes... Even if she couldn't see them, she could feel them.

There was also a tension, when he was around, that made her constantly jittery. The tension wasn't from her, but the men around her. A feeling of held breath was the only way she could describe it. One wrong action on Fallon's part, and the world would erupt in violence.

Mostly, though, her waking time was spent in the company of the others.

The first night Alex came to invite her to hang out with him and Micah as they played video games. It was something to do, so she agreed. Between the threats and insults tossed back and forth between them, she laughed more than she ever had.

She declined the offer when Alex held out his controller.

"I just watched Micah decimate you, why would I think I stand a chance," she said with a grin.

"Because you're new, he might go easy on you," Alex said.

"It's fine," she said. "I enjoy watching."

Micah turned and gave her a wink. "I thought there was something freaky about you, you voyeur."

"That wasn't what I meant," She laughed. "And no, watching does nothing for me. I'm an active participant all the way, baby."

Micah's grin was slow and Eve had to focus on her breathing for a moment.

How was she attracted to all of these men? It wasn't fair. She was just one woman. Alex gave a slight laugh and Eve was able to look away from Micah. A wink from the blond guy and she couldn't stop the blush from creeping over her skin.

She waved her hand at the TV. "Shouldn't you two be killing each other?"

Micah gave one last long look before turning to Alex. "Ready to die?"

"You got lucky, Irish. It won't happen again."

They were off and the tension that filled Eve dissipated.

Essie brought her meal in and she glanced at Alex and Micah. "Not eating?"

Micah glanced at her. "We ate earlier."

"So be it."

After she ate, the game became a movie. Settled between the two men, she lay her head on Alex's shoulder and let their warmth lull her to sleep.

~~~

The second night it was Gideon that came to knock on her door.

"Would you care to keep me company?" he asked. "Sebastian is off on an errand and I find that I'm lonely."

"Of course."

His smile warmed her and when he held out his hand, she took it with no hesitation.