Chapter 11, their first kiss went a little like this...

On that same day Loki had told Elsa that today he would take her on her tour. Elsa agreed remembering that she had several things that she both needed answering and explaining. The two proceeded through the palace, Loki had shown her every room he could remember himself while telling a funny story that went on in each of them, each of them made Elsa giggled. She had been waiting for the right time to ask questions and explain herself, when he showed her the gardens she thought now was the perfect time, the day was beautiful and the garden shone, the green grass contrasted beautifully against the flower beds. As they walked slowly across the neat blades of grass, Elsa had decided that first she would ask the questions, to set the mood. "Why didn't you tell me you could do what you did in the arena"

"Where would the fun be in that? Besides you didn't ask" he sensed the following of more questions and gestured to a bench looking over the pond. She sat down and proceeded to ask her questions "tell me one thing about you that I should know, just one thing, that perhaps you wouldn't tell anyone else"

He looked at her for a moment considering what he would say, would he tell her he wasn't Odinson? That he was spawned from a race of monsters, explain why he turned blue at the touch of ice? "They call me the 'the God of mischief' I was once known as the 'God of fire' but I have taken to the new name more than the old one"

"Ok... but why mischief?"

"Gosh I have no idea" he joked looking at her playfully,

She giggled slightly, looked away from Loki then looked back, "why did you turn... blue when you touched me before?" This was what Elsa was yearning for him to tell her, what he had said wasn't exactly a secret.

He had managed to avoid the subject before but now she had asked him directly, fearing to look him in the eye, "I... it's something to do with my heritage, that is all I will say" he closed up like a clam right in front of her, unable to sit still. He got up quickly from the bench and turned to Elsa, first he cleared his throat then forced a smile "on with the tour?"

Elsa stared at him blankly, she hadn't finished, he suppressed a sigh and sat back down. "I feel the need to explain myself about last night; I had tried earlier but..."

"There is no need for you..."

"Yes there is. You've cradled me every night with no explanation to why you must do so" her voice was slightly shaken now and again she did not make eye contact with him.

"I have an explanation... the healer gave me one just last night"

"I mean a proper explanation, to what is causing them" the shake in her voice had increased,

Loki put a hand on hers to comfort her "if it's too hard then I do not seek an explanation..."

"No, no... It'll be good to finally tell someone" she said finally with such emphasis as if Loki was the first person she had opened up to. "I had a sister, we had a bond, much like yourself and Thor I imagine, one day we were playing..." a tear had managed to escape her eyes, she quickly wiped it away and continued "... I.... struck her with my magic, we had her 'fixed', but later on she grew ill and..." the tears began to flow freely now "... it took her life" she took a deep breath and suppressed the tears back "when the villagers within the kingdom, found out about my powers they decided it was my fault she... so they came after me, with torches and pitch forks" she lifted the skirt of her dress just enough to reveal a burn mark on her ankle "I was captured by them and taken to the prisons, they did everything the law would allow them to do to me, to try and get me to confess. In the end I was sentenced to death, I don't remember how but I escaped to the mountains, where you met me" she had stopped crying now and looked up to Loki, barely smiling.