Chapter 18, Things are about to change.

Unexpectedly while feasting, a guard burst into the great hall, he was panting heavily and he dripped in sweat, clearly he had ran there. Startled Frigga stood quickly from her chair; her voice rattled "what's the meaning of this?"

"F- f- frost g- giants" as soon as the words giants were spoken the entire hall jumped to their feet grabbing their weapons located in the corners of the room and under the table, but when Loki heard frost giants his reaction was somewhat different. He sat frozen in his seat watching the warriors scramble for the weapons; Elsa sat next to him, shouting they must help, but he sat oblivious. She shook him trying to snap him out of whatever he was in. When he came back to sense he looked at Elsa, then realised what was going on around him. As he jumped to his feet his body was taken by a golden glow and as it disappeared, it revealed him in his battle armour. Elsa followed by transforming her whole body to snow then as she returned to normal she now wore her own battle attire. Hesitantly Loki began to follow the warriors including Thor out of the great hall.

"Where are they!?" Thor bellowed to anyone who was listening.

"We do not know!" Sif joined Thor attempting to shout over the sound of the warrior's armour clanging as they spread out through every corridor. On the way Loki stopped at several locations to collect daggers he had hidden in case of emergency, one might suppose this classified as an emergency. In this battle would be the first time Elsa had ever seen a frost giant. She would now know why Loki thought himself to be a monster. Frost giants came out from every dark corner, wielding ice weapons at the noble warriors of Asgard. Elsa looked round for Loki for reassurance that she could do this, but he had gone off with Thor to battle a large chunk of frost giants. Elsa was on her own, all her training came down to this moment, but as the frost giants and warriors fell around her, she froze where she stood. Staring into nothing, she couldn't move. Until a murdered warrior fell at her feet and the murderer stood before her. Its red eyes pierced fear into her, yet she was not afraid. One hand raised and an icicle came and stabbed it in the gut, it fell to its knees then to its face, next to the warrior it had killed.

Icicles flew from every direction, piercing the frost giants to their knees. Loki had come back throwing daggers, creating illusions, changing form so that giants fell at his feet. When Elsa looked at him, a frost giant ran straight at him with an ice weapon, Loki laughed at him as he stabbed the Jotun to the ground, there was something about the way he did it, like he was exacting revenge upon the frost giant. He didn't care and just stepped over the Jotun, bleeding out over the floor. When she realised what was going on around her. War. Death. Ruin. But she had to fight. There was no choice, as the Jotuns didn't give her a choice. They would kill her in an instant, without thought. Yet now she was less willing to fight, however when her rage takes over, there is no stopping her. Just as it was with Loki, however when he is enraged, his revenge is severe and diabolical to the highest extent. En-fused with battle a frost giant cut Elsa's face with its icy blade. With one finger Elsa checked her face where it stung, when she looked at the tip of her finger she saw blood. Pure red blood, smudged on her finger. Her eyes shot up at the Jotun as it awaited her reaction, like it was taunting her. Before it could move in on her Elsa's fists clenched tight and her arms flung open wide her head tilted back. A blinding white light left her arms and torso, blinding all frost giants that surrounded her. Harsh winds came from nowhere knocking the Jotuns down on their backs, Asgards warriors shielded themselves, Loki using his arm to shield his eyes, was just able to see Elsa defeating the frost giants that stood before her.

As the light faded away Elsa's arms dropped and so did she. The extent to which she had used her powers had made her weak; her nails had left indentations on the palms of her hands where she had clenched them so tightly. "You attend to her, we'll take care of the remaining frost giants" Thor instructed to Loki, as he rushed to Elsa. She was breathing, her eyes were fluttering, but she was much too weak to stand. Her heart beat fast and Loki assisted her into standing, the room spun around her and she almost fainted. Loki practically carried Elsa to her chambers and sat her on the bed, handing her a goblet of fresh water.

"Hey, you ok" he said as Elsa came to. Was she ok? How could she be? Her world has turned upside down, it's become so far fetched she's barely able to believe it's real. What if this was all a dream, things would be so much simpler, and to wake up in the palace 5 years old before all this started. Before her parents died, before the village learned she had powers, before Anna fell ill and Prince Hans took over, before she was tied up and beaten, before she escaped and ran away to the mountains, only to find out Anna had died from the stress, before she met... Loki. How could she think that? Loki was the best thing that happened to her since she was 5 years old. Everything that's happened since she first met Loki however has been like a dream. Creating monsters out of snow, sneaking off to a secret room, befriending warriors, loving someone who was just as, if not more damaged than she was. It was like someone was writing a book and she had to play her part. Soon she would wake up and it would all be gone. Latest events are of course the most far fetched of them all. Such a blast of magic is so unrealistic and impossible, things were moving fast, days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months, and it's only a matter of time until the months turn to years.

"Elsa wake up. Mothers expecting us for breakfast" wait what! Was the battle over? Had the frost giants been defeated?

"The frost giants..." Elsa shot up from her pillow, Loki hovering above her.

He grabbed her arms and looked her in the eye "hey, calm down. There are no frost giants, its ok"

"Did we defeat them?"

"Elsa you're not making any sense" the events since the guard came crashing into the great hall had all been a dream. There were no frost giants, no murder, and no war. It was but a dream, concocted in Elsa's mind. Most dreams Elsa had, had so far were trying to tell her something, was this just a random dream or was it another hidden message?

Elsa smiled softly at Loki, shaking her head then rubbing her eyes "yes of course, I had the strangest dream that we were fighting frost giants in the corridors... it all seemed so real."

"I have had many dreams that I'm sure we're real, and then I wake up fully clothed with an empty goblet in my hand, drooling over my pillow" Elsa giggled with Loki as he helped her out of bed. "Have you had such dreams before?"

Yes. "No I haven't" remembering the dream of Loki, the two children and herself.

"Good. Now you must prepare yourself for breakfast." He said leaving the room as to give Elsa some privacy. But as soon as Elsa and Loki left for the great hall, things were about to change dramatically.

I wanted a moment where Loki's true colours shone through but the more I wrote the more far fetched it became so I decided to turn it into another dream but I promise if you want me to I will make a bad boy or keep him like this loveable teddy bear, comment which you would like me to do.