Chapter 12 I know you I walzed with you once upon a ball

Every corner of the palace had guests dressed in eccentric dresses and garments; the women's hair was styled in the most interesting of ways, while most of the men had slicked back fair hair. Watching the crowd, Odin sat proudly on his throne; Frigga was mingling awaiting the arrival of her sons. Once Thor had appeared there was an endless line of women, arguing that they would dance with him first, and although Loki didn't think he had a wide 'fan' base on Asgard he too had a long line of arguing women, but as always the two son's saved the first dance for a special women in their life, whom was nearly always their mother. When Elsa entered the room trying to find a path for her to walk through, most eyes fell on her. Creating dresses was not beyond Elsa's magic, she had somehow convinced Frigga when getting ready to allow her to create her own ball gown. Blue covered the entire of the dress, and the skirt was tight on her upper legs but was looser nearer the bottom, it was sleeveless, but with elbow length white gloves and a sweetheart pinch. From the back of the dress a transparent cape traveled down to the floor with a small train, and any light made her dress appear to shimmer. Elsa's blonde hair flowed down both her shoulders with slight curls.

Eventually she came to spot Loki, although he wasn't hard to spot. Like Thor, Loki wore a helmet. His had large horns that curled round to the tip. Thor sported a helmet with wings on each side, as peculiar as they were they both suited them quite well. Loki looked unbearably handsome in his ceremonial armour, each gold plate reflected the light somewhat plenty, he actually appeared to sparkle. Quickly Loki also noticed Elsa, as he noticed how stunning she looked, his mouth widened into a smile. Attempting to go to Loki, Elsa's path was interjected by Frigga, wearing a smaller smile to Loki.

"Our guest of honour has arrived" she linked arms with Elsa and led her slowly to where Odin's throne sat, taping a goblet with a fork rapidly Frigga managed to contain the guests attention for a few short moments. "Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please; I would like to introduce to you..." She turned to Elsa taking both her hands, guiding her a few steps forward next to her "... Lady Elsa!" She started clapping and at the same time the hall filled with the sound of hand smacking against hand in honour of their newest citizen.

When the clapping died down Frigga announced the first dance, the men looked around them to see which women were taken, as did the women. Ball gowns flowed across the dance floor and the music was like nothing Elsa had ever heard before. Plenty of young men asked for Elsa's hand but she politely said no to each of them as she watched Loki make his way to her. Thor had Taken Frigga as always for the first dance, but Loki changed his rule. Tonight the special women in his life would be Elsa, "it would be an honour if you would join me in this first dance... Lady Elsa" he bent over slightly offering his hand to her, ever so daintily she bowed her head and took his hand.

Magic was in the air as he guided her to the middle of the dance floor "I must warn you, I haven't danced in years" she blushed almost as if she was ashamed.

"Do not fret, follow me, let me guide you" his voice was simply audible chocolate, Elsa melted in his arms as they began to glide across the floor.

Onlookers stood staring at them, whispering in others ears "don't they suit one another"

"How could she go for the God of mischief? I mean if it was Thor I would understand..."

Oblivious to the whispers they continued to glide, starring into one another's eyes, according to every one else they were complete strangers to each other; no body knew how hard they had fallen for each other. Suddenly the music stopped and the dancers bowed or curtsied to their partner, then disappeared into the crowd. Elsa and Loki pulled away from one another, trying to act as normal as possible, Frigga seemed to appear out of no where, gently tapping Elsa on the shoulder "mind if I jump in?" Music had begun playing again for the second dance, Frigga danced with Loki, Thor danced with Lady Sif, Hogan didn't dance at all, Volstagg danced with the chicken and bread, and Fandral stood checking his reflection as women swooned over him. A line of men waited for Elsa's hand but she was disinterested, her mind was thinking about other things.

A heavy voice came from her behind her "might I have this dance my lady?"

She didn't seem to recognise the voice so without bothering to turn around she simply stated "it's lovely of you to offer but..." the voice interjected with an 'ahem', she turned quickly to see Odin standing with a slight grin on his face as she began to blush "...my king! I'm so sorry I didn't realise... I'd love to dance" she stuttered continuing to blush, she repeated the bowing and he did the same, Odin took her hand and walked her down to the dance floor, a large space cast for the king to dance in.

Slowly they began to dance, "I had hoped to talk with you"

"Of course my king"

"One cannot hope to ignore the looks shared between you and my son" Elsa began to blush again, the conversation was destined to be awkward "I had hoped he'd find himself a maiden" Elsa continued to dance with no reply "many came to doubt he would ever find a... suitable partner" he looked at her dead in the face a serious look occupying his, "what are your feelings for him need I ask" 'need I ask' sounded almost sarcastic as if he already knew the answer, but was courteous enough to ask anyway,

"I... I..." She felt like she was in the middle of a job interview, like what happened next depended on these next few words "I think... that he's a wonderful man..."

"That he is my Lady, but are your actions a reflection of your feelings?"

"Actions?" Not meaning to answer a question with a question, but his words baffled her.

"One cannot mistake the fleeting looks between you both, the way your heart races at his presence, as does his"

"Our feelings... well our actions..." the words escaped her, she was trying to explain how she wanted Loki to hold her in his arms always, how when he ran his long fingers through his dark hair she could no longer breathe, how his voice made her putty in his hands, how her world crumbles and nothing makes sense when he enters the room, to his father and the king.

"No need to stumble on your words dear Lady, I know only too well of the affairs of the heart, I felt the same for my queen when I first set eyes upon her... though I suppose it is eye now" Odin wasn't one to joke but he sensed Elsa was uncomfortable and tried to break the ice... so to speak.

Elsa smiled at Odin's pun she may even have giggled, she took a deep breath and went back to being serious "Loki is... the first person to... understand me, and when we first met he didn't fear me. I feel like I could tell him anything" Odin gave a small smile as Elsa began to loosen up as they came near to the end of the dance "he's... he's... he's the person I want to be with" when the music stopped Elsa pulled away from Odin a look of relief and undeniable happiness on her face as she held her hand to her heart "I think... I think I love him"

Odin beamed as Loki came up behind them, she blushed when she saw his reflection in Odin's golden eye patch, had he heard her confess her love? He must have because as Odin turned away and walked slowly to Frigga to dance, Loki grabbed Elsa, spun her on the spot to face him, pulled her close taking hold with one hand on her cheek and the other around her Waist. Around them the whole hall gasped as their lips touched. She wrapped her arms around his neck, expecting to feel his hair only to feel the cold helmet. Frigga couldn't stop smiling; she turned to Odin and lightly tapped him on the chest "what did you say?" Odin only smiled and pulled Frigga to him, nodding his head for the band to begin playing the music and began to dance.

I know a lot of people don't like Odin and tbh I don't either but I thought I should show that he's not all bad, I suppose he can be nice when he wants to be. Like this side of Odin? Comment and tell me.