Chapter 20, actions speek louder than words

After three days Loki was asking for his answer, Elsa had managed well to avoid him those last of couple of days, but now he had grown impatient and weary. Loki had now become unsure whether Elsa still had feelings for him, perhaps he was just a bit a fun while her ego healed. So in desperation to restore his faith, Loki sought comfort in his brother.

Thor's chambers were bold and cluttered, weapons lay messily around the floor, one wrong step and you could easily loose your head and was similar to that of Sif's chambers. Thor however was vacant to the room, alas Loki was determined to find his brother so he continued on his search. There were many rooms down many corridors that were unoccupied and had cobwebs hanging from every wall, but again he was not found. When Loki did eventually find him, he was out in the arena, he and Sif were laughing together and standing close to one another, then with a smug look he walked over to the the pair "sorry to break up the moment but I wish to speak to Thor" speaking directly to Sif, her smile faded, she nodded then turned on the spot and walked away, taking a brief moment to look back and give Thor a glimmer of a smile.

"What did you that for? I was having a conversation"

"Looked like it" he mocked

"What did you want me for?"

"I'm using a lot of will power to tell you this, but I asked Elsa... To... Be my wife"

Thor's face lit up and opened his large arms to their full width, he gave Loki a congrats hug, patting him hard on the back "brother that is truly good news, what did she say? Do I hear wedding bells?"

"I don't know" his posture wilted and he slumped down on a pathetic wooden bench with no back, "it's been days since I asked her, and I admit it was rather sudden, but should she need this long to think?"

"Well marriage is a big thing, especially to Midgardian women..." He looked up at Loki who's expression had not changed, clearly he hadn't helped any, "... Look brother, if she loves you she will agree to marry you" he patted Loki on the back again, but Loki's head sunk quickly into his lap, when he sat up pushing his hair back he looked to Thor again,

"What would you do?"

"Well... Have you told her you love her?"

"Every chance I get"

"Well then, perhaps it's time that you show her how much you love her" his tone softened and his gaze drifted off to Sif's shield that sat quaintly against the legs of a round target.

Loki soon followed his gaze and then laughed quietly to himself "I do not think we are talking about Elsa and myself anymore"

Thor's attention turned back to Loki but couldn't meet his eyes through embarrassment, "Lady Sif is wonderful but she is not interested in a man like me"

Confused on how the subject had changed Loki decided to help Thor with his own problem "it is clear that you are interested in one another, why don't you just go for it"

Thor looked at him all hopeful, his embarrassment long forgotten, "thank you Loki, I think we both have women problems now huh" once more he slapped Loki's back, getting up from the bench "I'm going to see what I can do about mine, and you?"

Loki got up slowly from the bench, matching Thor's height "I will" with a quick brother hug the two men parted ways to find their femme fatal. Thor of course should be bold in the attempt to woo his lady, but Sif was a tough cookie and would not succumb easily to his charm... So one would think. When Thor reached Sif's chambers he walked in proud, like he was there to simply finish their previously interrupted conversation, he tiptoed through the battle gear and stood casually at the balcony, Sif was vacant to this part of her chambers, but Thor could hear the sound of running water. When Sif exited the restroom she was wrapped in a snug night gown that fell down just oust her knees, at first she was startled to see Thor in her chambers but she was not at all embarrassed.

"Oh do close those doors it's freezing in here" hoping that his entrance would have been more spontaneous, Thor obediently closed the balcony doors and stood awkwardly in the middle of her room, casting his large shadow across the unseeable floor. Sif grabbed a towel and began rubbing her dark hair with it, sitting down casually on her bed, which was just about the only thing not covered with swords and other battle gear. Thor looked down on her dark hair, only Loki and Sif had black hair in Asgard, there were a few with a dark- ish brown, but none as black as night. Sif's hair had once been the colour of the sun, similar to Thor, but in one of Loki's tricks as children, Sif's dark tresses were devastatingly turned black. Thor glanced back up to Sif's face which was now staring puzzled back at him "why are you here Thor?"

"I thought we might continue our discussion"

"No... That's not it" she saw through him like glass as he shifted on the spot, desperately trying not to show his embarrassment.

"I was wondering..." She got up slowly so that she was standing I front of him, making eye to eye contact.

"Yes...?"

"Well I was wondering if you might like to..."

"Go on..." Sif teased, but all his life Thor had been attacked by mobs of women, he never had to actually ask one out before, but as he continued to stumble on his words Sif grew seemingly impatient "oh for heavens sake, spit it out man"

Yet again the words escaped him, how would he ask the most beautiful women and most excellent warrior to love him for eternity? "Perhaps you would consider..." He gave up on the sentence like the previous attempts and stood there like a fool, his eyes darting around the room, as if they were looking for an escape rope to haul him out of the large hole of which he had found himself, however as he beat himself his eyes met the gaze of a disappointed Sif who was still dripping sexily with water, he could contain himself no longer and put one hand around her waist and the other on her jawbone, bending slightly to meet her lips, they kissed. In a few seconds Sif began to take control of the moment, as Sif always did in any situation.

I decided that I would prefer that Thor and Sif got together but I do have a little twist rolling about in my head that could change things ;) and I thought it would be nice to have a section in one chapter that was a break from loki and elsa in a loki and elsa fan fic... Which of course makes perfect sense in my head, but hey that's where the magic happens right?! No... Okay. Anyways comment if you liked this chapter and if you see any mistakes! Thanks!