Chapter 15, Seeking Attention

Over the next few weeks Elsa underwent a series of new trainings, and every week she became stronger, but all she could do was fight and really though she was better she wasn't ready for battle. Her powers weren't controlled anymore than they were to begin with, and she had hardly seen Loki, sure he sat on the stands but it wasn't the same as having him hold her, things had changed as 24/7 Elsa was in the arena. Loki was not one for combat and grew tired of standing in the arena watching Sif do all the work, so he moved himself to the stands where he appeared to watch but really was falling asleep. Elsa was slowly beginning to realise that like Loki her strong point was magic. Yes Loki could throw a punch and dagger but it was his magical skills that he used more often.

So one hot summer's afternoon Elsa ordered she take a break and slipped away to Loki's chambers where he sat at a desk studying a red hardback book, Elsa slumped in and flung herself down on his bed, her armour rattled as she did so. She wore a singled chest plate with little shoulder plates, the rest was strong material, Loki turned in his seat to look at her "tired?" He said as if she were a baby.

"I grow tired of the training and the combat, it's just... Well... not my thing" Loki pretended a look of surprise, Elsa propped herself up on her elbow grinning at him "teach me magic, or at least how to control my own. We wouldn't want to shun you from the spotlight now would we" she teased.

He got up slowly from his chair and walked just as slowly to Elsa, he threw himself down on the bed laying on his back staring up at the ceiling, "and have you told Sif this?"

Elsa lay back down slowly beside him "I may have told her I was taking a break"

"Lying already? You've only been here a couple of weeks"

Elsa rolled onto her side and circled a finger on his chest "I've been around you for so long" she smiled sweetly. Elsa leaned down and gave him a quick peck on the lips before she got up and rushed to the door,

"Hey where are you going?"

With one hand on the doorway she twisted her body to look at Loki who was now sat up on the bed, "I'm on a break remember" she twisted her body back and strutted out of the door. When Elsa arrived back at the arena Sif was clearly agitated,

"You're late"

"Sorry I was just..."

"After all I have done for you I would appreciate that you would tell me first"

"I was just about to... I needed advice" Sif felt betrayed, she had offered and spent all her time helping to train this girl and now she threw it in her face.

Before replying Sif dumped her sword and shield in front of Elsa taking two steps away from her "I'm done" she continued to walk off, her dark hair blowing in the wind. Elsa had become lost for words, she felt horrible, it was like Sif tore out her stomach and shoved it in her face, but then again why should she feel bad. One would suppose it was her who did the ripping and in Sif's mind it must have been as if she ripped out her stomach cut it into little pieces and served it to her on a plate, which may seem a little extreme but there you go.

Elsa made her way back to Loki's chambers, her feet dragged along the floor as she walked at a snail's pace. Loki who was back at his desk looked at Elsa as she slouched through the door way "didn't go how you hoped huh" he asked less of a question more of a statement. Elsa didn't reply she just continued to walk ever so slowly to him, as if to humour her he swung round on his chair so his legs were no longer under the desk, he opened his arms wide and gave a large warm smile. Pathetically she drooped onto his lap. Like he was talking to a baby he began rubbing her back "tell Loki what happened"

"This isn't funny" she mumbled into his shoulder.

"Of course not, do you want to talk about it?"