- I -

- WARMTH-

As the daughter of two titans, Selene had always felt a bit of an outcast at mount Olympus. It had been that way ever since the downfall of the titans. It was only with Zeus' 'merciful permission' as liked to call it, that she and her brother Helios were alloud to live and serve under him as a goddess.
After a few years Selene decided to move away from mount Olympus, as the feeling of being different became too much for her, so just like her brother Helios, who lived on the sun, she decided to live in her own place, that place being the moon.

Life had been so dull, for as long as she could remember she had wandered around in loneliness as she did her duties as the goddess of the moon. She sometimes missed talking to people, but she still preferred loneliness over life in mount Olympus.
She hated their stares, the judgementalness and most of all she hated the gossiping. You would thing that as deities they would put themselves above such mortal behavior, but they acted no better than mortals, they sometimes even acted worse than them.

Everything changed for Selene, when one day the sun god Apollo was born.

The moment he was brought into existence, she felt something stir inside of her, right in the place where her immortal heart beats its eternal melody.
And so for the first time in many, many years, Selene came back to mount Olympus.

The moment the goddess entered the gates of Olympus, gods and goddesses looked at her with expressions of surprise and awe, as they hadn't seen her for so many years. They didn't think she would ever return again and yet here she was.
She followed the feeling that grew stronger the closer she got, until she stood right in front of a door. She opened it and entered the large bedroom.
Leto, Zeus and the other gods that had been present inside that same bedroom all looked at Selene with confusion, wondering what she was doing in Olympus and specifically in this bedroom.

"Selene? What brings you here to Olympus after all those years?"
Zeus said as he stared at the beautiful woman in front of him. Her hair was as white as snow, her eyelashes long and dark, her eyes the lightest color of grey which made them almost seem white and her skin as pale as snow. She was wearing her signature white dress that was covered in small silver stars and shining crystals.

She truly was a beauty and Zeus had hated the fact that she had left Olympus, as he hadn't even gotten the chance to bed the goddess yet.

Selene ignored his question and his lustful stare as she instead walked towards the crib that sat nest to the bed on which Leto lay silently, obviously exhausted from giving birth.
She looked at the child that lay inside the crib and felt her heart warm as if the sun was shining directly upon her.

"What is his name?"
She asked quietly, not taking her eyes of the beautiful baby in front of her. He truly looked like an angel with his light brown curly hair and deep blue eyes.

"Apollo."
Zeus answered with great pride.
"He is my son and the god of music, art, light and the sun."

As she stared at the baby she knew that he would grow up to be a formidable god and would capture the hearts of many, excluding hers as he had already taken that one the moment he was born.

"I shall protect him and be of aid if there is any need for it."
Selene said looking directly at Leto while ignoring Zeus. Without waiting for a response, she turned around and excited the room, leaving the people that stood inside gaping at her like fish out of the water.

She would come back for him once he would be of immortal age.

-