Endings And Beginnings

Life has been somber for Apollo for a long, long time. He lived but he did not really life. For so many years he has felt this way, it has been such a long time that he has even forgotten why he felt like this.

Why did he feel as if a part of him was missing?

He could not remember why he felt this way or when it even started and as much as he drank, feasted and delighted in other pleasures, the feeling just wouldn't go away.

He was sitting somberly at his dinner table in his palace that lay in his domain. Once this had been his pride, but now it just felt empty and cold.

He felt a shiver move across his spine, alerting him that someone had entered his realm.
He looked up at the door and not a minute later a woman with a white hood entered.
She pulled the hood down and revealed white long hair and milky white eyes.

"Clotho, what brings you here?"
He asked the Fate of Life confused. It was not normal for one of the Fates to come to you unannounced.

"I've come with news concerning you, young sun god."

"Please, do tell"
He said with a sigh, if a Fate has something to tell, they will tell what they want to tell whether you like it or not and so she began,

"For long the sun and moon have given us light
What used to be done side by side

Now seperated for ages and ages
It was like two lovers seperated in iron cages

Now a new dawn is upon us at last
In the bright sky darkness shall be cast

As they kiss once a year
You shall find her again,
only for her to then disappear"

Take that time to love, cherish and hold
The hands of the one who you had let grow cold

May fate be with you Apollo."
She said as she bowed before putting on her cloak and leaving Apollo alone once again.

Apollo scratched the top of his head as he thought about the vague poem. He thought and thought and thought and eventually gave up with a sigh.

"I have absolutely no idea what she was talking about. We'll see it when the time comes I guess."
He said to no one in particular.

-

One last chapter, happy 5k reads 💕
I hope you've enjoyed this story