Chapter 1

I am woken by a a series of loud crashes. As I yank the covers off of me I hear him coming down the steps.

Fuck.

As the steps get closer I feel myself start to shake, to tremble. Why am I afraid?

"Noah!" He shouts and I flinch.

"Where the hell is my vodka?" He says in a harsh voice as he turns the knob of my door. I seriously need to get a damn lock.

"I don't know, where did you put it?"  I say to him.

He walks over to the side of my bed and grabs me by the shirt, spitting in my face he says "son, don't you ever steal from me because I guarantee that t will be the last time." His words are just a threat I tell myself.

"Yes sir"

His feet are heavy on the steps as he walks back up the stairs and than there's nothing. He must have either passed out or found his way to the couch.

I hastily make my bed and look for something clean to wear. I want to get out of here as fast as possible. I finally settle on my favourite pair of ripped jeans and and white T-shirt.

I grab my keys and my wallet and walk out the door quietly, not wanting to cause an argument . The doer squeaks a little but my dad, Kevin, as I much rather prefer to call him.

I have to jimmy my key before I can get my old Toyota Camry to unlock. I don't know where I'm going to go but I guess I'll just drive until I know.