Chapter 11

I started my car and followed her home. I thought that she hadn't noticed but I saw her smiling at me though the mirror. I'm not sure why though.

She lives on the other side of town. I park on the street and take on the view of the house. It is not quite what I had expected. I figured something smaller for someone who owned the library. The house had a brick driveway leading up to it. The siding was grey but it didn't look gloomy.

I enter a vast door that leads to a large foyer. It's beautiful really, and I suddenly feel uncomfortable and out of place here. A large chandelier handed from the ceiling above and shines.

"Is something wrong?" Hannah asks, and I am brought out of my daydream and into reality.

"Uh um no, there isn't."

"Okay, well come this way and I will show you to the room in which you will be staying."

I quickly slip my shoes off and follow her through the house. She leads me to a long hallway and opens the door to which I assume that is the room that I will be staying. As I enter the room I realize just how big it is. There is a large bed that can only be king seized and a large wardrobe that will be of no use to me. I set my bag down and sit on the bed not knowing what do do with myself.

I hear the knob turn on the door across the hall and Hannah comes out to tell me that the shower is at the end of the hallway on the left and that the towels are in the cabinet in there if I need to shower.

"Thank you." I say and she goes back to her room.

I make my way down the hallway and find myself a towel and face cloth in the cabinet. I turn the water on and step into the shower and let the warm clean water cascade over me. I feel too dirty to be in a shower like this one, one that is so white and clean. Even though the water feels very good, I do not want to take too long. When I step out and wrap the clean white towel around me. It smells so good and I wish as though I would never have to leave here.

I walk back down the hall with my towel wrapped around me and my clothes in my hands. Hannah comes out of her room and our eyes meet for a brief moment and I feel my face get hot. I can't help but be embarrassed as for her to see me in such a vulnerable state. I quickly stumble to my room and shut the door.

I take my running clothes out of my gym bad and put them on quickly. This was such a mistake, I should not have come here. I can't stay at my bosses house.

I hear a knock on the door. I get up to answer it and Mr. Smith comes in and sits down beside me.