Chapter 3

I wake up drenched in sweat. Fuck, another dream. It's a good thing I have a bathroom they goes off of my bed room, otherwise there might be another fight.

I undress hastily, not wanting these wet clothes that are clinging to my hot skin to be on me anymore. I turn the shower in and put it as cold as it can go. I step and and I'm surprised by how good the crisp water feels on my hot skin. Once I'm done I wrap a towel around my waist and check the time, it's 9:00, I've been in the shower for half an hour.

I grab the black jeans I had hung on the back of my door and my baby blue button up shirt. I hope this is a good enough first impression.
I grab a couple resumes off my desk as well as my keys. I lock my door behind me and I'm glad when I find Kevin passed out on the couch.

The air is a little cool as I make my way over to my car and jimmy my key once again. Once the car is started and on the road I feel myself getting anxious. I turn on the radio to help but there's nothing good on so I shot it off.

I park my car and make my way inside. I am greeted by a girl about my age with long brown hair. Her name tag reads Hannah. "Who should I speak with about the job listed online?" I ask. "Mr. Christian smith" she says as she leads me to a room in the back. "Wait here and I'll see if he is available." Thank you I say, she walks away without another word.

...

A tall man walks in and I believe that he is on his late thirties maybe early forties. "I'm Mr.Smith" I stand and we shake hands. "You must be Mr. Miller." "Yes sir." "What might I help you with today Mr.Miller?" He asks. "I was looking for a job and I had seen that you had one posted online. I was hoping that I could apply." "What day work for you for an interview Noah?" " Any day this week Mr. Smith." I reply my voice is shaky and I can start to feel myself becoming anxious again. "Friday it is then." He stands and we shake hands again and he sees me out the door.

I don't want to go home but I don't know where else to go. I have my online courses that I have to do and no money so really I have to go home.

                                     ...

I pull in the driveway and to my surprise his truck is in the yard. It's past noon he should be at work or at the bar. I guess it wouldn't be a shock if he recently got fired, he always shows up to work drunk.

The air smells of booze and cigarettes as I walk through the door and I have to stop myself from coughing when I find him right in front of me. I shut the door behind me and turn my head to look at him. He shoved me into the door and my head hits the hook. "Why the fuck is there a lock on your door?" When I don't answer fast enough he shoves me again. I knew this was going to happen. He staggers back to the living room not waiting for my response and slumps down in the couch.

As I unlock the door to my room I can only think about taking another shower and going to bed. It's only two in the afternoon but I'm tired. I take a shower, shave, and brush my teeth. Pulling on some gym shoes and checking my phone once more I remember the online assignments that I have to do. Great.

After four hours of homework I climb into bed and quickly fall asleep.