Chapter 10

His truck is not in the drive way when I pull in. I'm surprised to find the front door locked when I try the knob. It's unlike him to lock it because he's always losing his key. I guess he will do anything to piss me off. I walk around to the back to check the patio door. It is locked as well. The back yard slopes enough that I have a window in my bedroom but I keep the window locked in case he feels like entering my room. I guess I'll just sleep in my car.

It's almost comical to think about him locking the door really. He complained about me sleeping in my car and now what does he expect that I do?

I park my car in one of the many parking spaces at the library. I figured it would be the meat place since I work early in the morning. There is a car in the parking lot that is there quite often though o am unsure as to who it belongs to.

I turn my car off and adjust my seat so I am more comfortable. I reach to lift my sun visor up and I see her, Hannah, walking out of the library. I feel as though I should hide but I can't take my eyes off of her. I gather myself and just sit there and pretend that I never saw her.

She walks closer to my car and knocks on the window. As I roll it down she asks "what are you doing still here?"

"I could be asking the same question." I replied

"I was finishing up some odd jobs and if I would have known you were here I would have used an extra hand."

"Kevin Locke's me out of the house and I was not sure where else to go so I came here." I decided to answer her question

"Who's Kevin?" I was hoping that she wouldn't ask that.

"He's my father, though he doesn't act as such."

"Is that so? Well if you don't figure things out tonight you could probably crash at my place. I don't think that my father would mind. He seems to like you quite a lot."

"Thank you. I will let you know if I happen to want to take you up on that offer."

"Okay, well, see you later." And just like that she walked towards her car.