Chapter 20

[Luke's POV]

It was possibly the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for me. Sure, Ashton stole from his dad, but that proves he loves me if he was willing to risk getting caught just to bail me out of jail, even though I was the one who got us arrested in the first place.

I just really love him. As cheesy as it sounds, Ashton means the world to me. That's why I'm so determined to be with him even though my friends and his parents don't want us together. It's our life, we should be able to be together if we want to.

I was really worried his parents would find out he stole money from them though. He assured me that they wouldn't notice, since they spend money all the time and never check the previous payments.

Since it was Christmas break, I didn't have school until January 3rd and it made me really bored all the time. At first I was happy to sleep in and not have to do work, now I'm just bored and all I do is go to work and stay home.

I don't have a life.

Except with Ashton of course. When I got out of the shower, I changed into my sweats and a wifebeater, not in the mood to get all dressed up for nothing. Suddenly Michael walked in and raised an eyebrow at me,"Not spending time with your richboy?"

"He's not answering his phone," I replied with a shrug, hoping he wasn't mad at me for getting him in trouble. Sure, he said he didn't care, but sometimes people say things to

spare others feelings.

He snickered,"Hm, I wonder why. Maybe he's getting bored of sleeping with a poor boy. Why don't you move on to someone else?"

"We haven't had sex yet," I muttered, shoving passed him in irritation. I hate when people make sexual remarks, especially when I haven't even had sex with Ashton yet. He said soon, so I hope we do. It's okay if we don't though, I'll wait.

Michael grabbed my arm, turning me around to look at me in disbelief, "You? Luke Hemmings? Haven't had sex with your boyfriend even though you've been together for almost 2 months?"

"It's not that serious, Mikey," I scoffed, walking to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, taking a sip. I don't get why he's so shocked. I only had sex about 3 times, 2 with a short-term boyfriend and a one night stand which was a complete mistake and I fully regret it.

He snorted,"Yes it is. You dated a guy for two weeks and had sex the first day. I just find it weird how you're waiting."

"Maybe cause I love him and wouldn't want to rush him into something he's not ready for," I replied, seeing Calum walk inside with a box of Christmas ornaments for the small tree we had up in the corner of our living room. It took up most of the room, but we didn't mind since we love Christmas.

Michael gaped at me, shaking his head slowly,"Wow, this guy surely changed you. You're talking some crazy-ass shit."

"He's not changing me," I walked over to where Calum sat, going through some of the ornaments and started hanging them up on the tree. It was one we chopped down ourselves, since we couldn't afford getting one from where they're sold.

Calum looked at me with disbelief, "Mikey's right. You did change and it's not a good change. You're acting different, and saying weird things like 'It's cause I love him' and stuff. You don't love him, you're just lonely and chose to be with him."

"Why is it so wrong that I fell in love? You guys are in love and I don't try to stop it, so why can't I be in love too? Ashton doesn't care about where I live and how I look. He even bailed me out and stole money from his dad for me!" I exclaimed, giving them a glare and took a breath before saying, "Let's not fight...I just want to decorate the tree and listen to Christmas music like we always do."

They glanced at each other and nodded, giving me one last look and we forgot about everything for a minute. We laughed and joked around, tangling Michael up with the lights

we grabbed from a dumpster by this rich neighborhood.

It was just like before Ashton came. I love him, but I love spending time with my friends and trying not to fight. So, we danced to Jingle Bells Rock and Calum put the star on top this year, finishing the tree off nicely.

Sadly, I got called into work and wouldn't turn down the opportunity to make more money, so I said goodbye and changed, then went to work where I washed dishes and chatted with Betty, telling her what happened and she joked that I shouldn't drop the soap.

When it was time for my break, I ate some food and watched the terrible singers, smiling cause they didn't even care how bad they sounded and just had fun. I thought back to me and Ashton's first date.

It was strange how he was so scared and ended up having a cute singing (and talking) voice that I love. His voice was squeaky, but also manly and it was just...so nice. It's hard to describe, but in all it just brought tingles down my spine.

Suddenly my phone vibrated and I frowned at the unfamiliar number, but answered,"Hello?"

"Lukey, hi!" And there's the amazing voice I love.

I chuckled, taking a drink of water before reply,"Hey princess, what's up? Who's phone are you even using?"

"Emma's," He replied, and before I could ask why he was boring it he then told me sadly, "I'm so sorry, but I will not be able to see you till Christmas eve, cause my parents are having a party and I will try my best to sneak out and see you while everyone is busy and distracted."

I frowned, that's in 4 days. It would be so hard not to see him for that long, but I just smiled and said,"Alright, we can meet at the roof and I can finally give you my present. I really hope you like it."

"I am sure I will love it, especially since it's coming from you," He said cheesily, giggling slightly and suddenly said quietly, "I have to go, but I will see you on Christmas eve?"

"Of course, I love you," I told him softly, ignoring the way Betty mocked my silently, making a weird facial expression.

He sighed happily, "I love you too, Lukey. Bye."

I hung up and went back to work, Betty teasing me a lot . When I was done with work, I put the apron away and waved good bye, wishing her a merry Christmas since I won't be

working until after the holiday.

I hopped on my motorcycle, riding it home and loved how the helmet smelled like Ashton's shampoo I remembered using when I took a shower there when we first started hanging out and I almost kissed him.

My eyes widened when seeing the Moran brothers in my alley and I got off my bike, taking off the helmet and glared at them,"What the hell are you doing here?"

They didn't reply and Travis simply punched me right across the face, sending me to the ground and tackled me as the others started kicking me. I ignored the pain, kneeing Travis in the groin and it only caused his brothers to get more angry.

They gripped my arms, slamming me against the brick wall and I shouted,"Get the hell off of me, you vaginarinsers!"

A look of confusion crossed their face and suddenly they were pulled off of me, Michael and Calum shoving them away as Calum sneered,"Get the fuck away from Luke, or we won't hesitate to call the cops!"

They scrambled up, Travis limping and he spat,"This isn't over,Hemmings. Make sure to keep that boytoy of yours away."

When they were gone, Calum and Michael helped me inside and I winced when sitting down, taking off my shirt and thanking Michael when he gave me a bag of frozen peas, and I put it on my bruising cheek.

Calum huffed,"See? I told you, Ashton is causing way too many problems. You got suspended, threatened by a gang, arrested and yet you're still staying with him? He's gotta go Luke. It's not worth it."

I literally laughed, staring at him with amusement,"Ashton didn't cause any of that. I got myself suspended cause I wanted to defend him. I provoke the Moran Brothers and I was the one who took him to spray paint the wall. He's always trying to get me out of the trouble."

They sighed, looking hopeless and I rolled my eyes, walking to the bathroom and glanced at myself in the mirror after washing my face, grimacing at the bruises. I don't care if I keep getting them, as long as Ashton's safe.