Chapter 25

[Luke's POV]

Once again Ashton was ignoring me. I texted him so much on his regular phone and then the other number he texted me from the other day. I was getting upset, it hurts that he doesn't even send me a one word text, or just a simple 'I can't risk getting caught texting you'.

All he texted me the other day was that he wanted me to go to the party. I sighed, this time calling and like usual, he didn't answer so I decided to leave a voicemail and waited for the beep, then said,"Hey Ash, I wanted to know if you're okay? I miss you, please just text or call me, I'm getting worried. Love you, bye."

"He's still not responding?" Michael asked, walking over when I shook my head. I dropped my face in my hands, groaning in frustration. I need just a text or something so I can hear if he's okay, safe and not ignoring me.

I turned to Michael, exclaiming,"He texted me 2 days ago! Why isn't he responding? I just wanna make sure his dad didn't do something..."

A look of guilt crossed his face before I could continue and he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, shrugging,"Just erm, ignore it and don't think too much into it. His families rich, they might have places to go and stuff."

I rolled my eyes, but nodded and it was weird because he doesn't like Ashton, yet he tried comforting me over him. Either way, I saw it was 2 and got up, stretching and told him reluctantly,"I'm going to work, see you after?"

"Yeah, oh wait!" He said quickly, and I turned to him with a waiting look. "Calum had to use your motorcycle, he needed to go to work and his friend couldn't pick him up, I'm sorry. You were sleeping and he didn't wanna wake up."

I understood why. Lately I've been having trouble falling asleep. I was always waiting for Ashton to call me or something, but he never did and I assumed maybe he'd call late so that his I parents wouldn't hear him.

But, of course he didn't.

I huffed,"Guess I'm walking, then."

He gave me a sympathetic smile and I waved goodbye, grabbing my coat since it's cold and went on my merry way down the street. The walk was 30 minutes long and I was late, but Betty just winked and I knew she would cover for me.

The day was drawn out and boring, I had my phone by my side and the only time it rung was when Calum called me from his job, he's works with kids and teaches them how to play the guitar, to tell me that he took my motorcycle.

I rolled my eyes,"No, really? I had no idea. I just walked for 30 minutes cause I was getting fat, you know?"

"I'm sorry, man. I thought I'd be back in time but there was a kid that made it late and I had

to stay and help her," He explained, actually sounding guilty. It's weird, the two have been acting strange and I had no idea what that was about.

I groaned,"Do you think you could come by afterwards?"

"I'm already home," He chuckled, assuring,"Just walk, like you said, you're getting fat man I mean when was the last time you walked anywhere?"

"Shut up," I laughed, hanging up and put the phone back in my apron thing. I didn't mind walking, I just didn't want to walk at night. It was like when Ashton almost got jumped the first time we met, there's people out there who don't mind burying a body if needed.

After work I said goodbye to Betty and hung up the apron, clocking out. I walked down the street and shivered at the cold air, seeing my breath in the wind and my cheeks were numb, nose probably really red and had chapped lips.

I pulled out my phone, looking down as I checked my texts. I'm glad to have a flip phone at times like this, cause I had gloves on and could actually type. With Smartphones your skin needs to touch the screen to type.