Chapter 30

[Ashton's POV]

"Thank you so much, Emma," I grinned, hugging her tightly as she handed me the cash she got out of the ATM machine. She told my parents she had to go somewhere real quick, but really she took the card I snuck and got money out.

She nodded, kissing my forehead quickly and whispered,"Okay, be careful and call me right when you get there. I may get fired, but it doesn't matter. Just be safe and please, for the love of god, don't think twice about this. I think you're making the right decision on leaving. Luke is a sweet boy, he'll take care of you."

I smiled, nodding and grabbed my bag which contained clothes, my drumsticks Luke gave me and the CD he made me as well. I waved goodbye to Emma, my phone in my pocket and rushed outside before my parents could see me.

It was chilly out, the cold air not touching me though considering I was wearing the Jacket Luke gave me a while back. Well, I borrowed and ended up keeping. It was warm against my skin, keeping me cozy.

I took a separate way from the usual, not wanting to risk running into the Moran brothers since they go around here sometimes. I snuck in the back alley, seeing the ladder and climbed it, frowning when not seeing Luke there, but noticing his stuff.

Taking my phone out, I saw a voicemail and mentally face-palmed for not keeping my volume up. I smiled when hearing his sweet voice through the phone, then noticed a helmet, which was most likely the present.

I picked it up, my eyes widening when seeing the words 'Princess Ashton' and chuckled a bit, cause that sounds so girly. But, it was sweet and made my heart flutter at the little stars on it along with hearts. There was stick figures of us holding hands, making me giggle a bit at the cliche, cuteness.

There were skittles sitting next to where the helmet was and I went to eat them while waiting. Before I could, sirens and people's shouts were heard, making my heart stop and I looked over the roof, eyes widening when seeing groups of people gathered around with an ambulance and cop cars down the street.

Something inside me told me to go, and the worse came to mind as I climbed down the ladder, rushing to where everyone was down the street. I ran over, pushing through people and I clamped my hand over my mouth, eyes watering when seeing a motorcycle demolished and shattered on the ground, pieces scattered while a car was totaled.

But what caught my eye was the blood everywhere, and the blonde hair of the person being put on the stretcher. I rushed towards the ambulance, shoving the people out of the way, but a hand was placed on my chest stopping me, an officer saying,"Sir, you can't-"

"Please, j-just let me see him! He is my boyfriend- oh god, is he okay?!" I said frantically, noticing them putting a mask on his face and my heart shatter when noticing blonde in his hair and I felt like I was going to be sick.

The officer's eyes went sympathetic, paramedics shutting the doors making me become even more panicked. He patted my shoulder, admitting,"I don't know, I'm just here to guard the scenery. They're going to the hospital down town, I can get a cab to take you if you would like."

I ignored him, though. I just walked passed the man, quickly moving down the street toward where the ambulance was heading and my body shook with dry sobs, mind going crazy and vision blury with tears wanting to fall, but no. I will not cry yet. I already did, but I won't anymore because he's okay. I know he is. He's Luke; strong, brave, and deserves to live and he will.

I know it.

But, when I got to the hospital all my hope vanished at the sight of people crying, probably thinking what I was and they most likely got bad news since a family was left in hysterics, making my expectations disappear.