part 16-

Michael's POV

Pulling up outside my house I saw Shanice in her car, the car was turn on but she wasnt driving anywhere any time soon, I knocked on the window she looked sad, opening the passenger door, I knew this was.my fault but I just wanted to protect her, yes I know it was an idiot thing to do, but I broke my own daughters heart.
She looked over at me and all I could was lean over and hug her.

My normally happy girl, wasn't happy right now, her eyes were red, I knew what was up but had to ask

"You was right?" I sighed
"What about?"
"Luke" she whispered "I should of listened but my heart just fell for him" she mumbled, I hated lying but I was protecting her, she will be ok in a couple days.
"Oh bunnie, it's gonna be ok, he's stupid not to see how wonderful you are"
"You have to say that your my dad" I laughed.
"I say it because it's true"
"Come on, come inside you ain't driving in a state like this" she nodded turning off the engine and locking the car behind us.

*Luke's POV*

I was looking at my phone, the text from Shanice I never deleted. After looking at it one more time I opened a text to Michael.
"I can't lie to her. I can act like she was mistake I'm sorry, I can't stay away like you asked, I can't pretend I don't like her."

I quickly sent it and closed my eyes wondering how he was gonna react to the message.