New Beginnings

The title is cliche as all hell but it was the best I could come up with, anyway this story takes place in the universe of Ravages Return by Da_Voices_In_My_ Head, however, this is a splinter universe of their upcoming sequel, err hopefully upcoming, they have been on an unusually long hiatus, I think. Btw it is necessary to read Ravages Return to understand this.

Miko and Raf had long since given up hope that they would ever see Jack or the bots again, it had been two years, Raf was a sophomore and Miko had already finished school. It was Saturday mid-morning when they both got emails from Agent Fowler, telling them to get ready for a long day and to look outside. 

Raf gasped in disbelief when he saw the yellow striped Urbana 500 parked at the curb, he got properly dressed and ran outside as quickly as he could. "Bee! It's so good to see you!" the car rocked slightly and the door opened, letting Raf in, once the door closed behind him, Bumblebee began to chitter and beep in excitement, 

"Whoa slow down, I can't understand you" }Sorry it's just been such a long time, there's so much to tell you guys{ "Wait is Miko coming too?" }Yup, Bulkhead has gone to get her, we're gonna head back to the base and catch up on what has happened. And believe me, a lot has happened. {

Despite it being nearly 10 o'clock in the morning, Miko had just woken up, she hadn't seen Fowler's email but happened to look down at the parking lot of her apartment complex, where she saw a burly SUV she recognized immediately, "No way" she muttered. Not bothering to question it, she got dressed and practically danced out into the parking lot. 

"It's about time you got out here" Bulkhead tried to scold her but failed, "I've been waiting out here for nearly an hour. Didn't you see Fowler's email?" 

"Nope," she replied "I slept in and happened to look out the window" Bulkhead chuckled "So you've got your own house now, it looks pretty big,"  Miko grinned "No silly this is an apartment complex, I just live in that little chunk there" she pointed and outlined a square on the second floor. 

"Well Optimus wants to see you and Raf back at base so I was sent to get you" Miko sat down and closed the door, "Yeah about that, why haven't we been able to go to the base until now?" she sulked "I'm sure you remember that Jack went missing yeah, well he was captured by Decepticons, now don't worry, he's back at base safe and sound, but at the time we didn't want you two getting involved, it was for your own safety"

    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

As they approached the base the false stone wall slid apart followed by two more sets of armored doors, even if they had seen it dozens of times, it was still impressive. They slowly exited the tunnel into the massive atrium of the Autobot's base. 

Miko and Raf jumped out and looked in awe at the massive scale of the hideout, and as they turned full circle they remembered why it was all so big. Bulkhead and Bumblebee transformed and nearly doubled in size, "Jeez I forgot how big cybertronians are, hey speaking of which where are the others?" Raf asked. 

"Within audio receptor range, and very busy" a disgruntled voice spoke up from behind the main console, Miko tipped her head "Ratchet? what are you doing back there?" Ratchet scoffed before answering "If you must know, I am replacing old circuit boards, human-sized circuit boards mind you. Why don't you go find the others while I finish" 

It wasn't long before they found Wheeljack and Smokescreen sparring in the training room, Arcee was spectating, but was clearly very bored "C'mon buddy, you've gotta have more control than that, and that's coming from a wrecker. You won't always have that knick-knack to do the work for you". Wheeljack gestured towards the cell that held the phase shifter and smirked. "Aww cut the kid some slack Jackie, the lesson's over. Miko and Raf are here, and we've got some catching up to." 

When they returned to the control room they saw Jack up in the living area,  Raf thought it odd that they just noticed him now, the humans had no idea that what they saw wasn't the Jack they thought they knew. But merely a shell Ravage had pulled from subspace. The two personalities had gotten better at working in tandem, but at this moment Ravage's former self relished the fact that he got to use his 'spy kit' again. 

But he was getting distracted now, he shook his head to clear his thoughts and clambered down the ladder to meet the others. He caught both of them in a bear hug until Miko pulled Jack's head down and gave him a noogie. "Where on earth have you been for the last two years, we thought you were dead!" but before Jack could answer, all the bots started speaking at once, Miko and Raf had no choice but to listen.

Bulkhead rubbed the back of his helm "We thought so too, and he did die, kinda, twice."  Ratchet winced when Bulkhead said this, knowing it was his fault. Smokescreen noticed this and put a hand on the medic's shoulder plate, "It's been a wild ride, even for me" The other bots murmured in agreement before Optimus held up his hand to silence them.

"What we have gained from this ordeal far outweighs what we have lost, but we shall let our newest members explain it themselves," he said gesturing to someone just out of sight, "Soundwave, come meet Miko Nakadai, and Rafael Esquivel"

Miko and Raf both gaped when the tall bot rounded the corner, the lithe mech had been repainted a light blue, his visor was gone and there were several large plates on his torso and shoulders in odd colors. Soundwave walked over to the humans and kneeled down, "Hello you two."  

"Whoa, you can talk?" Miko exclaimed,  Soundwave nodded  "And see and hear, with my own senses for the first time in a very long time. I was nearly destroyed while trying to save my creations from Megatron, the Autobots took me in, repaired me, and I decided to join them." 

"Your creations?" Raf trailed off, Soundwave nodded again and made a soft whirring noise to his symbiotes "Yes, you already know Laserbeak I'm sure," he said as his red and black chest plate came off, turning into a sort of hawk "but there is also Buzzsaw" he then removed a goldenrod plate with black accents, from his upper back which changed into a large vulture, "Rumble" the purplish-blue plate popped off his right shoulder and morphed into a small bot, "Frenzy" the dark red plate popped off and did the same, "and finally Ravage" he reached behind his back and removed a large black plate with yellow markings, setting it on the floor in front of him

Miko crossed her arms unimpressed "Uh is he asleep?"  Soundwave couldn't help but smile again "No he is very much awake, just, elsewhere at the moment" he grinned mischievously.

Jack took it as his cue "Hey, guys, you know how I was gone for two years, well it was a bit of a self-discovery adventure, watch this" Jack then snapped his fingers, and a small yellow-orange portal opened in front of him

"Wait how... where are you going?" Jack looked back at them "You'll see, oh and Miko, no following" he then stepped into the portal. Miko tried to follow anyway but was stopped when Soundwave blocked her way, the portal closed and Miko started to object but the prime interrupted her.

"You must wait and see, like Jack said, for he has not really gone anywhere," he then gestures to the immobile mass that was Ravage, as it started to transform into a large panther, and as it walked forward it transformed again into a bipedal form.

The realization dawned on Raf first, "Jack?" he asked tentatively, the black bot smiled "Yup in the flesh, err protoform, this is the real me, this is where I've been for nearly two years!" he gathered them up in a bear hug again, when he finally set them down again, he said "you may want to get yourselves comfortable, this may take a while 

1354 words, if that isn't a strong start I don't know what is, my first draft had 630-ish words, my revision techniques are thicc, to say the least.