Reinforcements

A/N This chapter centers around Nitro Zeus, who is practically an OC 'cause he only existed for 2 minutes in TLK and he was the focus of only 20 seconds of footage, for all intents and purposes I have 3 OC's now, this is gonna be good. 

Megatron stood on the flight deck with Starscream and Shockwave, watching the sky, awaiting the return of Nitro Zeus who was away selecting an earth mode. Starscream sneered "Pah, what is taking him so long? He should have returned an hour ago." Shockwave turned his single unblinking optic towards Starscream, a motion just slow enough to be very unsettling to the seeker, "Logic would dictate that he is taking care to select a vehicle mode that best suits him, more care than you took when selecting yours I am sure. It is mere coincidence that the first flyer you saw works so well." 

Starscream recoiled a bit, stung by the comment, he was sure Shockwave would smirk if he could "How would you know you haven't even got an earth-based alt mode" Shockwave tipped his helm back a bit as if he was thinking "Such a venture would be illogical" he held up his cannon arm "to trade firepower for the sake of stealth is useless given how rarely I leave the ship." Megatron looked over his shoulder at the bickering bots and decided to interrupt "Not to mention that Shockwave's coloring would negate the stealth offered by an earthling vehicle, highly illogical indeed" he said with a dark smile.

"Lord Megatron, I have returned" A gravelly voice shouted from overhead, Megatron looked up to see a large plane hovering rather unnaturally about 40 feet above the deck, its various control surfaces twitching back and forth to stay level in the crosswinds, the forward swept wings and large size cut an imposing figure. "Ah excellent choice Nitro, but where did you find such a machine?" Megatron inquired, the plane strafed back and forth on the breeze "I found it in a storage yard of abandoned prototypes, there was some good stuff, the humans don't know what they're missing."

"Very well, transform so that we may go inside and finish briefing on current events" Megatron stated, the plane pitched down as if nodding before pointing straight up, the roar of the engines not faltering as it transformed, the turbines were expelled from the fuselage almost unaltered, while everything else morphed around them, the new jet pack holding the massive bot in the air for a short time before he dropped to the flight deck. 

Starscream had been unaware of Nitro Zeus' existence until a few hours ago, so he had no idea what the large mech looked like, but he was terrified by what he saw. Three bright red optics shone out of the initially blank faceplates, the black paint giving the impression that they were suspended in darkness, the fact that he lacked a mouth helped maintain the illusion. Even more unnerving was how Nitro's optics seemed to move independently of each other, scanning the corridors as they walked toward the briefing room. 

His helm bore a large horizontal blade on each side, resembling the crest of a hammerhead shark, as well as a pair of small plates along his jaw. But what really set Starscream on edge were the large gatling guns mounted in Nitro's collar plates. When they reached the door to the briefing room, Nitro turned and Starscream noticed two large detents of indeterminable purpose set in the mech's torso, but more important was the item Starscream noticed locked around Nitro's chest. 

"Is that a minicon?" Starscream asked suddenly, Megatron stiffened and quickly turned to face them, the events of the previous symbiote fiasco still fresh in his mind, both mechs noticed their leaders displeasure and promptly shut up. Megatron motioned for Nitro Zeus to approach, his optics narrowed in irritation, "Show me the symbiote." he ordered, "Yes sir Lord Megatron" Nitro quickly replied, he held out his arm in front of his torso as the vest like structure peeled itself away, falling forward as Nitro caught it, dozens of hidden plates and panels shifted across the minicon's body reshaping it into what partly resembled an earth centipede but with four small pincer arms near its rounded head.

" he ordered, "Yes sir Lord Megatron" Nitro quickly replied, he held out his arm in front of his torso as the vest like structure peeled itself away, falling forward as Nitro caught it, dozens of hidden plates and panels shifted across the minicon...

Megatron gently picked it up, the creature squirming as he inspected it, he was aware that most minicons were built by their owners, but it was clear that Nitro did not build this one. "Shockwave,"  "Yes Lord Megatron"  "This is your handiwork, why did you not inform me that you built a symbiote for Nitro?" Shockwave bowed his head sheepishly "My apologies Lord Megatron, my memory failed me, for I built it several millennia ago. I had little use for it, but my admittedly shortsighted planning paid off when I offered it as a reward to Nitro Zeus for collecting a large sample of red energon."

"Hmm, an interesting story," Megatron was satisfied with Shockwave's answer, he looked up to see that Starscream was still standing near the door. "Starscream, you mustn't be rude, come and see Nitro's pet" he jibed, Nitro chuckled "Yeah look how cute she is" he held the symbiote at arms length, presenting it to Starscream who recoiled in surprise "Why does that thing have a scraplet's faceplate?" he seethed.

Shockwave tilted his helm "A scraplet's optics are able to detect cybertronian alloys in an instant, such an ability is useful for reconnaissance missions, but is very difficult to make from scratch. I had to use parts from actual scraplets, the faceplate, optics, and visual circuits were grafted directly onto the minicon's processor. Several augmentations allow it to see as we do, and relay information directly to us if need be." 

"Ah excellent Shockwave, it will be of great use to us." Megatron paused for a moment "Does the symbiote have a designation?" Nitro nodded "She is called Torrent." Megatron smiled "Very good, if all goes well and our reinforcements arrive safely, we will once again be on a level playing field with the Autobots." he turned back to Shockwave who was standing near the large display screen on the wall, "Shockwave, show us the status of said reinforcements" Megatron ordered, the large cyclopean nodded wordlessly and began typing in commands with surprising speed for someone with only one set of digits, he brought up a star map that showed two Decepticon signals, one of them was within the earth's solar system, the other was several star systems off. 

Shockwave pointed to the distant signal first "Darkwire is traveling in an automated long-range stasis shuttle, it is programmed to use all spacebridge connections available to it in order to arrive as soon as possible. In spite of this, however, she will not arrive for several months yet, the shuttle is eight light-years away, currently passing through the star system of Luyten 726-8, we have no choice but to wait until she arrives." Then Shockwave moved on to the other Decepticon signal, this time the display zoomed in on the fifth planet, a gas giant the humans called Jupiter. 

"Bounceback's last known location was here, just outside of Jupiter's ring system" he pointed to a spot on the map just past a seemingly faint dust cloud, "Given his ships trajectory and the amount of debris it is logical to assume his ship was damaged or otherwise knocked off course, causing him to crash-land on one of the moons. Whether he is still online is impossible to determine with the limited magnifying power of our scanners, but if he is he will have to contact us via his ship's transponder, so we can bridge him here."

It was at that moment that an alert sounded and the map updated, the Decepticon signal moving to the moon called Io, Megatron chuckled "Speak of the pit, there he is" Shockwave noticed something and suddenly became rather urgent, "Lord Megatron we must hurry and bridge Bounceback here immediately." Starscream raised an eyebrow "What's all the fuss about?" Shockwave was typing in various commands to allow him control of the underground spacebridge "That moon happens to be the most volcanically active object in this entire solar system, he could be vaporized before long" Nitro Zeus hopped back, perhaps a little too excited, before bellowing, "All hands on deck, this is a rescue mission now!"  

Yeah I know I know crappy cliffhanger but bear with me this is an attempt to make the transitions more even, I'm not going to write a chapter introducing a character and then abruptly add another character at the end of the same chapter, that would be stupid.