Recollections

A/N Hoo boy, this may be a much shorter chapter than the last one, I am just blanking out. At the time of writing this, I have completed chapter 1, and chapter 3 is well underway, being in a writing mood without inspiration to back it up is very tricky.

"So let me get this straight, the Jack we know was really just a personality created to deal with the trauma of Ravage nearly dying and subsequently getting trapped in a human shell..." "Not to mention losing his memory and getting babyfied" Miko interrupted, Raf continued "and this whole fiasco is partly why you let us get involved since we were Jacks friends?" Wheeljack spoke up first "It does sound pretty crazy when it's spelled out like that, don't it chief?"

Optimus vented deeply, "It does indeed." "But it all ended up for the better didn't it?" Miko chirped. "Not exactly" Fowler called down from one or the elevated platforms "We brought June Darby in a few months ago to inform her of the happenings since she is Jack's adoptive mother, including everything you mentioned earlier, granted she took it a lot better than we thought, but she was understandably still pretty torn up about it."

"The whole split personality thing was a bit worrying at first, especially when he figured out the truth, he didn't want to talk to anyone," Arcee stated, "We were all scared of what Ravage would do if he got control for even a second, but I am glad I found out when I did. We went to the forest to calm down and have a talk when we stumbled across the crash site of Airachnid's ship..."

"Who is Airachnid?" Raf asked, Ratchet turned to the console and pulled up an image file "That is Airachnid, a Decepticon deserter and extremely dangerous, she's what you humans would call a poacher" "And she was hunting us" Jack added, he turned to Arcee "You knew she would find you first, so you ditched me to keep me out of harms way"

Arcee nodded "But you still followed anyway, and when you caught up, she zeroed in on you instead because Ravage was the one who ratted her out on Cybertron. I had to save you in the end, and she escaped..." the smaller mech grinned "But not before I let Ravage take control and bit off one of her legs!" Jack concluded.

"Whoa, hey did you beat up any other cons while we were gone?" Miko exclaimed while making punching gestures. Jack stepped back sheepishly, somewhat ashamed, "Uhh yeah I did, but I'm not too proud of it. The day after the transfer I escaped from Soundwave's quarters and offlined 3 drones before Megatron caught me.

He and Soundwave talked about disciplinary action I'm sure, and I slipped away again, but I didn't get very far, Soundwave bridged me back to his quarters, and had to force-bond our sparks in order to re-establish the creator-creation bond."

"Megatron, very unhappy," Soundwave said, he then closed his visor and played the recording "Soundwave! What is the meaning of this? You resurrect one of your lost symbiotes and then allow him to tear through my ranks?!"

"Speaking of resurrection" Smokescreen cut in "How did the transfer work and where did you put Jack's human body," he said in an accusatory tone. Soundwave retracted his visor to speak, "Jack's body was technically artificial, and so had a hidden emergency node for manual transfer. As for where it is, it is the same body he used earlier and is in a storage pod in subspace." Smokescreen froze in embarrassment, he had forgotten about what he had seen with his own optics.

Soundwave smirked, then momentarily saddened "Restoration of others, not so easy, Shockwave helped gather and preserve their parts but Buzzsaw remains incomplete," He tapped the ground with two digits and Buzzsaw landed in front of the humans. They could see his mismatched optics, Raf murmured "Replacement parts can only do so much huh?" Soundwave nodded sullenly.

Frenzy butted in "This is so weird to talk about, they had to reattach my whole head," Soundwave could tell where this was going as Frenzy continued to ramble "Buzzsaw was blown to smithereens, Rumble had to get a new chest plate and realign his spark chamber, and Ravage has a whopper of a scar, c'mon show them!"

Jack raised his brow, "Please?" Rumble begged, Jack could see that Miko and Raf were also curious. He rolled his optics, "Fine" he conceded, he transformed to cybercat and rolled over, gesturing with a paw at the rough line of fused plating across his abdomen.

Ratchet was still kicking himself for being the cause of all this, he turned to leave the room but Optimus caught his shoulder plate "These events have come full circle, you need not blame yourself for it, for we are all responsible" this seemed to make the medic feel better } In any case, I can't imagine a better scenario{  Bumblebee whirred.

The bots all started talking excitedly, and Soundwave beamed, looking forward to his new career as an Autobot.

Okay so this wasn't as short as I thought it would be, 803 words ain't bad for writer's block, sorry if it ended abruptly, I was never good at conclusions.