Repair

The Re prefixed title strikes again, I swear I'm not doing it on purpose

Knockout looked up from his workbench as he heard the clatter of pedes outside the medbay, no doubt come to ruin his paint job one way or another, so he was very surprised when a pair of vehicons entered carrying another mech on a stretcher, followed closely by Lord Megatron himself.  "Oh Lord Megatron, uh what brings you here?" Megatron said nothing but the look on his faceplate was filled with irritation, "Heh, right, that was a stupid question" he shrunk under Megatron's gaze but quickly regained his composure, "But if I may ask, who is this mech and why was he brought here on such short notice?" 

Megatron rolled his optics and groaned tiredly, barely keeping his temper in check "Maybe you would know these things if you focused on your duties instead of preening," he turned to leave but stopped as he reached the door  "You are lucky I have better things to do, otherwise your finish would be no more" he snarled, the door hissing shut behind him. Knockout shuddered in fear as he turned to the vehicons, who had already placed the mech on a medical berth, he recoiled at the large patches of chipped paint and bare metal, one of the vehicons even had a hole in its visor, he could see a blank red optic behind it watching him intently, "Wha-" "Molten iron-sulfide" "How..." "Lava bomb" "Do you wan-" "Negative, Bounceback takes priority" 

Knockout sighed "Alright, but how did this happen?" the vehicon shifted it's weight "He didn't wear a restraining belt, and collided with the control console of his ship upon crash-landing on Io" Knockout's processor was swirling with questions, but he ignored them and shooed the vehicons out. He turned to survey the damage to the mech's frame, it did not look good, Bounceback had clearly tried to guard his face in the crash, which had worked, but at the cost of a massive trench of a dent across his torso and forearms. To make matters worse the force of the impact caused the elbow joints to lock up, making it look like he was pleading, add to that the mangled wing and leaking energon, and Knockout had a very long project ahead of him.

He hooked Bounceback up to spark-support and an energon drip as he set about unjamming the elbows, after twenty minutes of prying, picking, loosening, and realigning, he had both arms pulled away from the mech's chassis, allowing him access to the panels that needed mending. It was worse than he feared, the armor panels would have to be removed entirely before he could even attempt to repair them. It was a bit strange though since Bounceback's chest plates were so similar to his own, however, that meant it didn't take very long to locate the joints, he lifted the panel away to reveal various dented components, thankfully the mech's spark chamber and t-cog were undamaged. 

But a ruptured energon tank and caved wheels complicated matters, the energon tank was a rather easy fix, he just had to weld a patch to it and smooth it out, which took about five minutes. The wheels, however, were a different story, he was fairly sure that they weren't even separate wheels, the spokes were oddly placed towards the inside while there was a flared edge on the outside, the tires were drawn tight and open on one side, and the hubcaps and braking components were in his shoulders. Not to mention that they were absolutely massive, 30-35" it was hard to tell because they were caved in, but it didn't matter much because they were going to have to be entirely replaced anyway. 

He sighed and set about repairing the forearm panels, popping out the dents while cleaning and patching the small holes around them, the process took a little over an hour since he had to be careful to keep the moving parts separate. When that was finished he activated the waist restraint and tipped the medical berth up to a standing position so he could work on Bounceback's wing. 

Knockout could not express how grateful he was that this patient wasn't a seeker. He recalled that two or three centuries ago he was operating on Starscream, a seeker far more irritable than most, he made the grave mistake of handling the wings too roughly, and even though Starscream was in stasis, the damned mech lashed out reflexively and nearly took Knockout's helm off.