Darkwire

oops silly me, I didn't title this story until day 3 of it being published

"It is nearly time," Starscream hummed from the radar screen, he and several other high-ranking 'Cons watched as Darkwire's signal crossed the moon's orbital path before flickering out, everyone except Megatron and Shockwave began to panic before Megatron promptly shut them up. "SILENCE, Shockwave if you please," 

The scientist shook his helm tiredly, "I never thought I would be required to explain a concept as simple as radio silence, such incompetence is absolutely deplorable." he swept a glare over all of them, 

"By deactivating the transponder and cutting communications, Darkwire has reduced the chance of being detected by Autobots from an already feeble 15% to 0.2%, it is unlikely that we will find her until she is ready for pickup."

Megatron nodded, "You are all dismissed, return to your stations, except for you Sergeant Bracken," he motioned to the jet vehicon with dark green markings, almost camouflaged in the corner he was standing in, "I have some special news for you."

[Several hours later, Nitro Zeus pov] 

While many fliers – especially smaller seekers – would consider carrying such extra weight a handicap, Nitro took comfort in the fact that his partner was always on the lookout for potential foes.

In jet mode Torrent formed extra armor on his underbelly as well as a powerful camera turret at the base of his alt-modes 'neck', which thanks to her scraplet optics could detect cybertronian metals very easily.

Nitro chuckled remembering how terrified Starscream was of the minicon, fearing that she would bite his digits off, he wasn't convinced when Shockwave said that Torrent was incapable of ingesting metal, and even less so when he found the symbiote gnawing on her favorite toy, a scrap of trithyllium steel. 

The minicon in question chirred softly, snapping him out of his thoughts, the screen in his cabin showed the bright reds and yellows of cybertronian alloys on a forested highway two miles to the west, and while the shape was difficult to make out, it didn't resemble any of the Autobots to his knowledge. 

"Lord Megatron, I believe I have found Darkwire, Torrent has detected cybertronian metals 2 miles west of my position," he spoke slowly waiting for Megatron's approval, "Very good Nitro Zeus, make contact and call for a groundbridge when you are ready to return, I will be waiting."

Nitro shut off the commlink and pulled a U-turn to follow Darkwire, easily catching up to the ground vehicle, but it was noticeably fast for something that ran on wheels, being the master tracker that he is, Nitro recognized the sound of the exceptionally powerful six-cylinder engine that could only belong to a Jaguar XJ220. How amusing that this vehicle built in the 90s with a mere 6 pistons could give a modern 16 cylinder Bugatti a run for its money, at least for a little while.

The sleek dark red car was the only vehicle on the road, which was odd, but he wasn't going to complain, it gave him the freedom to be direct. He flew past the vehicle and transformed, landing right in its path, the car screeched to a halt, transformed and stood up revealing a tall femme larger than Knockout, colored dark red and burgundy brown, with ram horns on her helm.

 He flew past the vehicle and transformed, landing right in its path, the car screeched to a halt, transformed and stood up revealing a tall femme larger than Knockout, colored dark red and burgundy brown, with ram horns on her helm

[this drawing was made before I fully understood the TFP design aesthetic, which is why it looks so odd, will likely change it later, same with bounceback]

"You are Darkwire I presume," a light flickered in Nitro's vent-like 'mouth' as he spoke, "Yes I am, but who are you and how did you find me?" she spoke calmly, seemingly unfazed by how he just dropped out of the sky. 

Nitro did a very Starscream-esque bow, "I am Nitro Zeus, Lord Megatron's tracking expert, though I can't take all the credit for finding you, Torrent here did the hard part." the minicon transformed and slithered up to Nitro's wing.

"Speaking of Megatron, he has requested your presence so it would be best not to keep him waiting." Darkwire didn't get the chance to respond before Nitro opened the commlink calling for a groundbridge, she was getting the impression that conversation with this mech would be very one-sided.

Kanz doesn't know how to end chapters  (* – *)  like, at all