Evolution

These stories are really hard to pace, how I write them is I play a scene in my head and try to represent that into writing, this process is relatively slow, but it works very well. Except for the pacing, because of my slow brain, the scenes in my head seem well paced, but on paper er screen, they read like they are on crack. : ]

Ravage's nap was interrupted by an odd helm-ache, it wasn't necessarily painful but it was oppressive, a fog of pressure seemed to encompass his mind, dulling his senses so much so that he didn't even notice when he fell off the crate he had been laying on, the two personas completely dead to the world as their minds were in the final stage of assimilation. 

The large feline body jerked violently sending the other minicons scurrying backward, Soundwave sent pulses of worry and care through the bond but was dismayed when he didn't get a direct response. He saw Ratchet's scanner pass over the symbiote, the medic's expression as he read the diagnoses was not one that Soundwave could recognize but it seemed promising nonetheless.

"There is nothing wrong physically, but his neural activity levels are very strange. Voluntary thought processes are primitive for lack of a better term, but subconscious activity is at an all-time high." Optimus hummed thoughtfully, "What do you make of this Soundwave?" the soft blue mech looked up at the prime, "I believe it is most likely that the merge is happening, although so far it is far more dramatic than I was expecting."

"Energy levels are spiking, but neural activity has not changed." a pained groan came from Ravage, his golden optics flickered and faded, the yellow biolights shifted to orange and then red, the smooth plates along his back strut broke apart and flared out to form spikes and the end of his tail split into a claw that chattered as it opened. 

Bulkhead grunted uneasily, "Uh oh, this doesn't look good." Rumble and Frenzy pulled the humans close to them and moved to hide behind the larger bots, the cybercat bared its teeth and growled. It's optic covers snapped shut over the dark orbs, giving the impression that it had no eyes at all, that was quickly rectified, however, in a very frightening way. A long panel slid back across the jaguar's helm, exposing the inner shell plating and a single glassy orb which flared a bright red with a solid black pupil in the middle.

The relatively cuddly big cat turned feral cyclops demon was terrifying, to say the least, but luckily it was also rather terrified of the 8 large bots that surrounded it, Arcee was rather shaken by this development, "Ratchet, what just happened?!" the scouting commander was as worried as ever for her partner. In response, the CMO enlarged the holographic screen on his arm showing neural activity that was still being recorded.

"When Ravage and Jack's minds retreated into the subconscious, their body's primal programming was able to take over without resistance, it is only temporary I am sure, and I assume this form is part of that, but in the meantime, we will have to keep an eye on everything." Buzzsaw chirped at something on the display and Soundwave took notice, "The final synchronous is taking place as we speak." and indeed the two waveforms that represented the two personas had matched in frequency, but the amplitudes were making slow progress. 

"The bond still works, I may be able to calm him down," Soundwave spoke softly and tentatively stepped towards the snarling symbiote, he sent pulses of reassurance and safety and love, he initially didn't get any response, but soon received strong but foggy pulses of distrust and frustration. The cybercat kept backing up into the corner, single lidless optic darting around sizing up the opponents until it came to a decision, it turned on a dime and scampered up a ribbed ventilation tube.

He quickly scaled the 3-story tall pipe despite the soft shell of tin and canvas practically melting under his weight, the final kick as he lept to a catwalk knocked the tube free of the wall, it began to collapse under its own weight in a rather pathetic and harmless manner, like watching a balloon deflate.