Chapter 4

"Khushi tell me what happened? Why are you crying baba?" he asked running his hand through her hair, and pressed his face on hers gently.

Khushi shut her eyes more crying, "I.. am.."

"Arnav!" Dadi called him sternly. Arnav looked  at her, "Wait Dadi.. I'm talking with Khushi.. (turning to Khushi) tell me why are you crying?" he caressed her cheek with his thumb.

"Don't forget she's the same girl who run away from the marriage spoiling your and this family reputation.." Dadi reminded him. 

Arnav's hand slowly left Khushi's cheek as realization dawned upon him. Khushi's heart pricked seeing his eyes which held affection and pure love for her were slowly replaced by hate and revenge.

He stood up abruptly and glared at her, "What are you doing here in my house Miss Gupta?"

"Chote I called her.." Anjali said and came near him, "It's not Khushi's fault.."

"Nahin, Nannav I brought her here.. It's not Khushi neither Di's fault.." NK said biting his lips.

"Nahin, I only asked them to bring Khushi bitiya here.. It's not Anjali, NK or Khushi's fault.." Nani said with moist eyes. 

"Nahin, I only planned all this.. It's not Sasuma, Anjali, NK or Khushi's fault.." Mami came in the room and winked at the three then managed to bring a serious face to Arnav. 

"Okay.. I get it.." Arnav rolled his eyes, this was his family. Always supporting each other so that you punish no one! 

Khushi stood up and wiped her tears and Dadi smirked at her.

"No matter how much you try Khushi, you already lost to me.." Dadi mocked in her thoughts.

"Arnav ji is very hurt with me and he won't forget the pain I gave to him so easily, that's why he also won't believe if I say anything against Dadi to him.. It's better I wait for the right opportunity to share this with him.." Khushi thought to herself.

"Chamkili.." Lavanya gasped as soon as she came in Dadi's room, guided by HP who informed her that Arnav was in Dadi's room.

Khushi glared at Lavanya, "Yes me.. Shocked Lavanya ji?"

Lavanya looked at her confused, then at Dadi who blinked her eyes informing her that Khushi has indeed come back.

"Yes very shocked.. After betraying ASR, don't you have any shame?  You came to his house with this so fake innocent face of yours.. How dare you?" Lavanya shouted. 

"Liars.. You and Dadi are big liars.. I don't know what got in me to believe in your both words.. Now look at them, they are behaving like saints making me look villain in front of Arnav ji.." Khushi's eyes moistened thinking about what she had done to Arnav in Dadi's and Lavanya's influence.

"Lavanya mind your language.." Arnav glared at Lavanya, and she looked down afraid of him. 

Arnav held Khushi's hand and took her with him outside the room. Lavanya and Dadi looked at each other disturbed and restless wondering why Arnav took Khushi with him. 

"I don't think our plan flopped.." Nani whispered to Anjali, NK and Mami smiling excitedly.

"It would have, if I didn't make an entry.." Mami replied, "Hello hi bye bye.. Khushi bitiya came back!" she rubbed her hands excitedly. 

Arnav was driving the car silently and Khushi was with him at the front seat, glancing at him with eyes full of regret for leaving a man like him who loved her like crazy.

"I'm sorry for what happened at Mr. Mehta's office.." he said breaking the silence in the car.

Not hearing any reply from her he continued, "I was angry.. I still am.. My heart still doesn't want to believe that you could leave me when you promised that you would never leave my hand.. You know.. I looked for you like mad.. everyone said you ran away but I didn't believe anyone.. I cried everyday for you.. Then Aman told me that you were in Lucknow and settled your life there.. You indeed ran away from me.. broke your promises.. And I still ask myself why?  Why you left me? I was not rude, arrogant or ruthless with you.. I was never ASR with you.. I was always your Arnav ji.. Toh phir kyun Khushi? What was my fault? Where did I fail to you? Didn't you believe that I could be a good, if not perfect husband for you? Was Sid better than me?"

Khushi shook her head crying continuously.

"But then I agree I shouldn't have humiliated you in front of all employees and candidates at Mr. Mehta's office, I was angry and I couldn't think properly what I was doing.. I am really sorry.." he said composing himself and looked away to hide his tears. 

"I will talk with Mr. Mehta to give you a second chance to interview you.. But I don't wish you to work under him, he does have a good reputation in the business world but not in personal life because of his affairs with different women, be it models or some of his employees.." Arnav informed in warning tone.

"I forgive you, but can you forgive me for what I did?" she asked hoping him to accept her apology at least.

"It's not that easy.." he looked away.

"Tum mujhe koi bhi saza do, mujhe manzoor hai Arnav ji (Give me any punishment, I accept it Arnav ji)" she broke in tears. 

Arnav stopped the car and looked at her face, "Saza? (Punishment?)"

She nodded her head innocently.

"Kya saza doon mein tujhe? (What punishment should I give to you?)" he asked.

"Koi bhi (Anything).. I will do anything for you!" she looked down crying.

"You don't need to feel pity on me Khushi.. I know you hate me and I'm the biggest mistake of your life.." he said shaking his head in disbelief.

"I'm not.." she cried.

"Yes you're.. What you said when you came to Mumbai to ask for Sid? I'm the biggest mistake of your life.. I'm not a saint.. I'm disgusting.. You don't regret leaving me.. You hate me.. Now what happened? Why you me to forgive you for something you don't even regret? Why do you want this disgusting man to forgive me? Kuch farak padta hai tumhare zindagi mein? (Does it make any difference in your life?)" he asked with a mocking smile.

"Please forget everything I said to you.." she cupped his face, nuzzling his cheek sobbing.

Arnav closed his eyes feeling her breath on him, even he let some tears run through his cheek and touch her nose. 

He moved his face away from hers, and sighed, "I just want the reason why you ran away from our marriage.. Tell me that, if that's a good and acceptable reason then I promise I will forget everything and forgive you.."

Khushi gulped and looked at him,  "It's not a good reason.."

"Just tell me what is it.. I will decide that!" he gritted his teeth.

"You won't believe me.." she sobbed looking down.

"You don't trust me then!" he said and started the car heading towards her house.