Chapter 7

"Chote.. You came back early today.." Anjali teased him walking towards them in the kitchen.

"Yeah.. I finished work early and Akash is handling the last meeting.." Arnav nodded not realizing that his Di was teasing him.

Arnav looked around trying to spot Khushi, but she was nowhere to be seen. He thought she must have gone home by now. 

"Di.." he cleared his throat feeling awkward to ask his Di about Khushi. 

"Haan Chote.." Anjali smiled and stopped cutting the vegetables. HP also stopped his work and looked at Arnav.

Arnav frowned at HP, "Do I pay you to look at me now?"

HP pouted and continued his work while Anjali glared at him for talking like that with HP.

Arnav left the kitchen rolling his eyes, and walked to the living room.

"Are these 'hot chocolate' eyes looking for me?" Khushi patted his shoulder from behind, giggling.

Arnav turned to her, "You wish so!"

"Oh really?" Khushi crossed her arms and tried to raise one her eyebrow like him but failed miserably making him chuckle a bit.

He walked to his room and Khushi followed him.

She helped him take off his coat, and loosened his tie, then took his wallet, phone and handkerchief to the dressing table.

"You should go home now.. It's late Khushi.." he said in serious tone.

"Won't you drop me home?" she pouted.

"Am I the one working for you?" he asked sarcastically.

"No.. But at least be a gentleman!" she sighed.

"I was.. You left me!" he said, "Now that I'm a beast.. You came back to me!"

"You're not a Beast.. Even though, you declared that you hate me.. You still could never hate me Arnav ji.. There's only love in your eyes for me!" she said sobbing.

Arnav walked to the bathroom and closed the door. He shut his eyes tightly reminding himself of how he lived without her for two years. It was two years, the smile on his face was snatched away from him because of Dadi and Lavanya's evil plan, it was two years he was living with pain, crying to have her but he couldn't.. Two years he has been questioning himself where did he go wrong that she left him? And now he gets to know that he wasn't at fault.. He suffered for no fault of his..

They came downstairs and Arnav was holding his car keys, "Di I'm going to drop Pooh home.."

Khushi smiled happily hearing him calling her by her nickname and Arnav gave her 'I didn't forgive you yet' look.

"Chote wait.. Actually I want you pass by super market and buy few items for me.." Anjali said and gave him the list.

"Di how will I know about these things?" Arnav cried reading names of masalas he doesn't have any clue about.

"Khushi bitiya is with you na.." Nani smiled cutely.

Now Arnav understood their plans to bring them closer. Khushi blinked her eyes smiling and whispered a thank you to Nani and Anjali for helping her.

"Let's go Khushi.." he said walking towards the door and Khushi had to run to reach him.

"It's Pooh for you.." she said pouting walking with him towards the car.

Arnav opened the car's door for her, "Khushi.."

He said and opened his side door, and got in the car.