Chapter 17: That Would Be Enough

(A/N): Hi everyone! Just letting y'all know that this is my last chapter that I'm posting during my Winter Break, so I'm going back to being the mean-author-who-never-posts after this. Also, a side note. Is it just me or is writing fluff like really really really difficult?? Like I spent waaaay too long going over every bit of fluff in this story and wondering how I'm supposed to write about romance when I am just a sad potato.  aNYWAYS, please excuse my rambling and thanks so much for reading! ~ Kira

A moment later, we are sitting facing each other on James' bed, legs crossed. He still has my left hand in his and is rubbing his thumb in soothing circles on the top of my palm.

It's hard for me to concentrate with his hand in mine, but I manage to say,

"We should probably talk about what happened earlier."

James looks up from my hand and smiles softly at me.

"Anything in particular you'd like to discuss, love?" his soft smile turns to a smirk as he keeps his eyes glued to my face.

I use my free hand to lightly slap him, but he uses his other hand to keep my hand pressed to his face, pressing a kiss to the side of my palm.

"You know what I mean." I blush and look away from him.

He lets go of the hand touching his face and turns my chin so that I'm looking at him.

"If you're not going to look at me, love, I might as well start talking."

I nod, and wait for him to begin. He takes a deep breath before saying anything.

"Let me just get this out in the open. I've fancied the pants off you since first year."

I blush a bright shade of red as I read the unintentional innuendo in his words, which he realizes directly after I do. He blushes a deeper red than his mother's hair.

"I didn't mean it like that!" he says, dropping his face into his hands. I laugh and try my best to pry his hands away from his face.

By the time I succeed, his face has faded to a fainter shade of pink.

"As soon as I realized I liked you, I told Al, and he told me to think of the perfect time to tell you, get off my arse, and get the girl already." he grinned.

"And I thought I'd found that moment the night of the Yule Ball. I really did. And then you came down the stairs in that stupid dress."

I place my hand on my chest in mock offense, but James quickly goes to explain himself.

"I mean it as a stupid dress because.......I swear....... I thought seeing you in that dress was going to kill me."

As cruel as it was, I decided to push him a little farther.

"Going to kill you....? As in.......?"

He groaned.

"You know what I mean."

"I'm sure I don't."

He puts his face in his hands again and it's not until I burst out laughing that he realizes I'm only joking.

"Merlin, Maia are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Maybe a little for all the trouble you've probably got me in with my parents." I smirked at him, and he returns to the deep shade of red from before.

"I think it's your turn to speak, love," he says, "before you make me pass out from all the blood rushing to my face."

I stand up and he places his hand on mine as if to keep me from leaving.

"I'm not leaving you, James," I grin as I see him sigh with relief, "my leg was just falling asleep."

"How romantic, love," he replies, but he stands up with me, "You were saying?"

"I've fancied you since you knocked me through Platform 9 ¾ with that stupid luggage trolley." I pause for a moment to laugh under my breath, "You looked so concerned with my well-being and let me tell you, eleven year old me thought you were adorable."

James laughs and steps closer to me, says

"Now what does fifteen year old you think of me?"

I step closer and weave my hands into his hair. His hands find their way to my waist, and we stand there, foreheads touching, until I rise onto the tips of my toes and press my lips to his, effectively giving him my answer.