Bonus Chapter: Tomorrow There'll Be More of Us (The Laurens Interlude)

(A/N): Hi guys! I'm not really counting this chapter as a true chapter because of how short it is. Also, for those that don't know, Tomorrow There'll Be More of Us, also known as The Laurens Interlude, is a scene that was not included on the Hamilton soundtrack which take the form of a letter detailing the death of John Laurens, one the people who Hamilton was closest to in his life. Take from that what you will :) Also, bonus points if you get the cameo from my other fanfic Two Blue Hearts ;) Thanks so much for reading! ~ Kira

The next morning, I go downstairs for breakfast, still on a post-birthday high. When Headmistress McGonagall ushers me over to her seat at the teacher's table, I don't expect what she says.

"Miss Lupin, I need you in my office."

And with that, she sweeps out of the room and is at the doors of the Great Hall before gesturing me to follow her.

She leads me up the steps into the Headmistress' office and makes sure I'm seated before sliding a piece of parchment towards me across the table.

"I'm very sorry to spring this on you now, Miss Lupin. But I felt it was best that you found out as soon as possible."

I slowly unfold the parchment and take in the heading of the paper. St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. My eyes immediately scan over the painfully short message underneath.

Dear Miss Lupin,

I regret to inform you that your father, Remus John Lupin, was admitted to the Creature-Induced Injuries ward early this morning at 2:14 AM. It seems that he had a particularly severe transformation, and he is now in the immediate care unit on the first floor, Room 147. Your mother has requested that you be flooed to the hospital immediately.

Best regards,

Evelyn Scamander, Healer