chapter one : I could write it better then you ever felt it

Title: Hum hallelujah - FOB
Franks p.o.v

This is a new start. And it's going to be great. This will be fine. It's going to help me to forget.

I look at my reflection in the mirror and see the last visual reminder that I could never escape. The scars. Scattered all over my body. All along my stomach, my back, my legs my arms, all with a different story. Some I had done, others were there due to my.... to my father. I shudder at the thought of him and pull on a misfits T-shirt and some jeans before leaving my room. I picked up my bag and walked down the stairs to the kitchen to find my mother making breakfast.

"Hey frankie, I made you some toast, I cut it into triangles. Just how you like it." She says, pushing the plate towards me. She looks at me hopefully, praying I'll accept it. I know it's what she wants me to do. So I do it.

"Thanks mum." I reply pulling the plate towards me. She lets out a sigh of relief and turns back to the counter. While her back is facing me, I rip half of the toast and shove it in my pocket, I then make sure my fingers have crumbs on them and pretend to chew. She tries so hard I don't want her to know I'm still struggling. I can't stand the way she looks at me when she worries.

"Are you nervous for your first day?" She asks, turning back around with a cup of tea.

"Yeah, but it'll be fine." I reply, reassuring myself more than her.

She nods in understanding and checks her watch.

"It's almost eight frankie, you should get going. Don't want to be late!" She smiles. I nod and mimic the smile she was wearing. I stand up and walk to the door.

"See you later mum!" I yell as I open it.

"Later honey!" She yells back as the door closes.

I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding and went off to school, I pull out my headphones and shove them in my ears. Sleeping with sirens was playing. People didn't like my music taste, they think it's too "hardcore" and I just get called an emo. If they just gave it a chance they might like it! The way they sing is so... emotional. I guess that's why they call it emo music. I sigh and keep walking, school isn't far away from the house and the walk only takes me ten minutes. As I walk to the gates I notice a bin and empty my pockets of this mornings breakfast.

I wasn't hungry.

As I enter the school gates I keep my head down. There are people everywhere, running to their lockers and chatting to friends about their weekends. I hate that I had to join half way through the year, but it's not like we could plan the time we left. It was a bit last minute. I walk up to reception, keeping my head down, I didn't want to start anything or get on anyone's nerves, I don't want a repeat of last time. I get a few odd looks but that's too be expected. I was the new kid after all.

"Hello, I'm Frank Iero, it's my first day." I say to the man at the desk.

"Oh yes okay... frank frank frank.... yes found you! I'll print off your timetable now. My name is Mr. Toro by the way. I hope you enjoy yourself at this school! It's really not that bad." He laughs to himself, handing me my freshly printed timetable. He had kind eyes and an a crazy Afro on his head. I immediately liked him,

"Thank you." I say, smiling at him politely. Maybe this wasn't going to be as bad as a I though. I walked out of the office and looked at my timetable. English first. Okay. Doable. I try to find a sign to where the English section was but I couldn't find anything. I'll have to ask someone. I take a deep breath and try to not get too worked up.