Chapter Two ~Blown Away~

School passed slowly but surely, being harassed all day by shallow bitches isn't the best way to pass the time. I walked home, feeling exhausted and defeated. Only to be greeted by my piss drunk father passed out on the hallway hardwood floor. I sighed, hoping this would be the last time I saw the wretched man.

I slowly crept over my unconscious father and into the study, were he used to do his office work before mom died. I pulled out the key he hid in a loose floor board. I put the key in the keyhole of his old dusty desk and turned to the left to reveal his shiny silver pistol. My father had taught me how to use it in case of emergencies. I grimaced as I hid the gun in the inner pocket of my cardigan.

I shut the door to the study and walked back to door and back out side. I walked to the far side of town, where the edge of the woods was. The sun was already starting to set when I met the border of the woods.

I found a stump to sit on close to the edge of the woods. The place were earth would last see me. I unzipped by cardigan and pulled out the shiny metal object that reflected the setting suns warm glow.

With shaking hands and an unstable mind I let the barrel of the gun meet my temple. They quickly became great friends as I help my breath and eased my finger onto the trigger.

Suddenly the silence was disturbed by the echoing sound of a twig snap.  "Hey, hey! put that down please!" someone said from behind me, their deep voice cautious and uncertain. I felt his hand reach out and touch my shoulder. I heard him drag in a concerned breath "Put that down, you're so much more than that..." He spoke, almost sounding as if he was holding back tears. "Please," His voice was distant, but it was shaky, as if this man that stood behind me cared?

I dropped the gun and started to sob, barley being able to breathe. I turned around to face the man that wanted to help me, knowing he most did not understand my choice. I looked at him with cloudy eyes as he sank to my level, His hair lightly sweeping over one of his eyes, I also noticed he was wearing a black beanie. when I met his eyes, a captivating caramel brown, it looked as if you stared in there for to long you would die of pure bliss.

"My name is Alex, do you need somewhere to stay?" he asked in a calm voice. I didn't know him at all only that his name was Alex but without any answer he took my hand and lead me back out if the woods. He took off his coat and draped it over my shoulders noticing how cold I actually was, as I was shaking slightly from the cold October breeze swept its way into the woods. As he was leading me to his house I noticed his hand was placed carefully at the small of my back. I know nothing of this man! He could be an axe murder for all I know!

"Um, this Is my house." He smiled shyly. "nothing much, but you can take my bed. I'll take the sofa." he exclaimed awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand. we just stood there for a minute until he wrapped me into his warm embrace. that's when I noticed I was still crying. tear after tear.