Chapter Twelve ~Horizons Lay At Bay~

ALEXS P.O.V.---

Over the next week Luna has been quiet. not completely silent. but enough for me to worry about what her thoughts are screaming at her.

She'd sit in front of the mirror and stare at nothing in general. except herself. sometimes shed frown. others she'd smile and light up the room. but mostly she'd just stay completely emotionless. lips pressed into a firm line. dark green eyes fixated on the reflection of beauty. I know she didn't see that though, beauty, when that's all she is.

I can't help but sit her in my lap. in front of the mirror sometimes; when she refused to move.

I don't know how she can't see the glow in her smile. they beauty of her touch. shes living with dead thoughts.

"Angel," I used the nickname I'd given her a while back. "please stop staring with hatred at your beautiful self. it gives me pain to see you suffer." I let off a sigh into the back of her neck. sending little strands of her dark blue whispy hair in all directions.

Not even a flicker in her eye or a monotonous answer slipped from her mouth or showed indentation on her face. She just stayed silent. no sigh. no nothing.

A few hours later of complete silence apart from our slight breathes in beat with each other's. each different but all the same.

She shifted.

Again.

Again.

Again.

Then she got up. up off my lap leaving the spot she was embraced with, cold.

"Luna?" I heard her sigh and let out a shaken breath.

"Alex" she sobbed at this point. "I hate it. I hate the person I see in that stupid mirror."

She fell to her knees holding herself with her arms.

This cry that was escaping her mouth and into the open air was not ordinary. it was hatred. it was sadness. it was everything in between.

I quickly got up and wrapped myself around her. she fought and resisted my touch. squirming to get away hoping I'd just disappear. But the more she struggled the more I held on.

"Luna!" I yelled out of the tears coming out of my eyes. "please. please. just let me help."

"No Alex, you cant." bitter words left her lips and bounced off of these beige walls. hitting me a million times over and over.

"I don't want to hurt you. Alex let go." she struggled more. her words could barley come out.

I turned her struggling body around and lifted her chin up to meet my lips.

1

2

3

Seconds passed and her body went limp. shaping itself on to my body. the curves. the edges. like water on a cloth she sank into me.

"I don't know what to do with myself anymore." she spoke softly. hesitant with each word.

"Luna." She looked at me with her eyes dim inside.

"Yes?" she spoke even softer.

"I love you, Luna Jacobson." I thought about my words but I meant everyone of them.

She took a moment to process. after a moment I saw hew eyes take flight like a bird with a gold crown atop its head. flying fast with fury. but also with a burning compassion to love.

"Alex. I think-..." She took a deep breath.

"I think I love you too." she spoke with more confidence.

___________________________

Hey ppl! sorry for the short chapter! like srsly ( :(: ?)

But guys. 110 reads?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING!

excuse my french. we ppl like to keep it classy. lol jk😂😱

WOOT WOOT WOOT WOOT

-JILLXD