Door Sixteen: Crossroads

INDIRA DIDN'T KNOW exactly what she was feeling. It was almost jealousy that crept up on her, but what was there to be jealous of? Was she jealous of the kiss?

Maybe it was part of the shoot?

She wouldn't have known unless Harry had said so, but to speak on the ordeal would probably anger him. Harry wasn't any part of Indira, but maybe it was what Beverly had said that made her skin itch. She also pondered on why she would tell her those things? Did Beverly assume they were dating? Then if she thought so, why did she let Harry kiss her?

Nothing added up. Indira wanted to understand the problem between the two models. Harry mentioned that she ruined him, but how? Did she take an opportunity away from him, or was it more personal in the sense that they had a falling out when they were together? A bad feeling about the situation stirred inside her and she had no idea what to think.

Who am I to get in the middle of this?

There was just so much left unanswered, but she knew they all led to problems down the road, especially if it involved her.

She let out a large sigh as she looked out the window. After everything, it was already a quarter after six and all she wanted to do was go home. She had asked Bruno to leave earlier, but he said he had to wait until Harry and Beverly were finished. Beverly had to do some solo shoots as well, so Harry was forced to stay or else he wouldn't get paid.

Once all was finished, Harry and Indira headed into their separate cars to avoid possible exploitation from the paparazzi. When they reached Harry's building, Indira was glad to see that no one with expensive cameras was waiting for them. As soon as the car halted, she ripped off her seat belt and bolted out the door, leaving Bruno with words in his mouth.

She heard another car door slam, and it didn't take an idiot to know who it was. He jogged up to her as she was pulling her keys out of her purse.

"Hey," he said as he stood in front of her, blocking her path.

"Hi."

"You're not going to say goodbye?" His face holding an enigmatic expression that Indira couldn't read.

"Sorry. Bye."

"What's wrong?" Harry stretched his hand and caught her by the crease of her elbow as she tried to brush past him. She almost fought the instinct to stay in the warmness of his grasp, but she did not fight hard and ended up slowly pulling away.

"Nothing," Her eyes wandered and her hands entwined in knuckle-cracking position. "Just have some stuff to do."

"Styles, want me to take her home?" Bruno asked as he approached them.

Harry spoke up before she had a chance. "No. You, Misha, and Xavier can all go home," he said slowly with a heavy tone. Indira kept her eyes away from the interaction, fumbling with the keys in her hand. She assumed Xavier was Harry's other body guard with the darker skin. Harry was quiet until they were in the cars and off in another direction.

"What did she say to you?" His voice stern and an octave deeper than what it usually was.

"Nothing," she lied once more. Indira tried cracking her knuckles, but Harry put his sole hand over both of them, stopping the action.

"What did she say to you?" He repeated, not letting go of her hands.

Clearly, he had caught her in the act of lying as he usually did when she lied, but as always he never outed her out on it. Harry was pissed off to say the least because he could tell Beverly said something to Indira to stray her the other way.