Door Thirty-Eight: Pressure

AFTER NOT BEING affiliated with anything work related in over two years, Harry was certainly not used to feeling. Exhaustion crept upon him in a swift lethal movement like that of a cobra. For the past week and a half, Harry had returned to living the model life. It had been far too long for him to even recall what it was like to fly over seas for modeling gigs night after night and have endless phone calls with agencies that were planning to book him for New York Fashion Week coming in the next couple of months. He had spoken with Indira then, telling her that he had to return to work for a little bit, all while sparring her the gory details. It wasn't that there was something he needed to hide from her, but it was just until he had everything in its right place.

Harry groaned as he set down his luggage on the carpeted floor, sluggishly face-planting himself on his plush bed. Every single part of his body ached as he slowly began removing his clothing, hoping to get a quick rest of his eyes before his day continued. He got as far as taking off his shirt and socks before he felt a vibration in his back pocket, drawing out an elongated sigh. Even thought he was able to catch a few winks of sleep on the seven hour flight from Scotland, the negative time difference was still getting to him.

It was nearly four in the afternoon, which meant that Harry had to prepare himself for a modeling audition. Typically these auditions are held earlier in the day, but lucky for Harry, the designer had scheduled it for a much later time. This gave him at least an hour to bathe and get himself situated.

Harry stood up, once again ignoring his manager's third call since he's arrived at home. He took the large phone in his hands and typed up a quick message to him, confirming that he was still going to go forward with the audition. After pressing the blue arrow to send the message, he tossed the phone back on its bed, landing with a soft thud. From his grand wardrobe, he picked up some clean clothes and headed straight to the bathroom to ease his sore muscles with a nice steaming shower. He wasn't sure why they had been aching so bad, but it could have been the fact that he's having some what of a break from the modeling world. As much a he loved it, it wasn't entirely as easy as it seemed. He couldn't truly remember how he had gone through it at such a young age—though perhaps it was because he, for the most part, had his family and January at his side supporting him.

After his clothes pooled at his feet, Harry entered the hot water, hissing as they eased his tense muscles and joints. He ran his body completely under the stream, basking in the dense atmosphere. His mind, like always, couldn't stick to one place as they bounced from the hardships of returning back to work, and most importantly to him, Indira. She was the one thing he couldn't stop thinking about. It was ever constant and most times, time consuming. But Harry never cared about how much he thought about her; He didn't even care if he was the Joe Goldberg to her Love Quinn (well, conceivably not as psychotic). It was more so like he couldn't get her out of his head. It first started when he would see her everywhere he went, but after they decided to start seeing each other more seriously, she was all he could think about. He could not drink his coffee the same way or look at his favorite shade of red without her face appearing like a mirage in his head. It was like she was his obsession, only he didn't let that completely translate into actions or else he would very soon become the infamous Joe Goldberg.

His only mission was to make her the happiest person she could be, and so far he was accomplishing it. Too many times he had seen her cry over the things that have been pestering her, like her back-form-the-dead step-father, his ex-girlfriend Beverly, and even her best friend Natasha. Harry could tell that she was the sort of person that wanted to make everyone happy, knowing that it was impossible to appease everyone without having the time to worry about her own self. Even though her selfless personality was one of the many things that has attracted him, he could see it becoming her one tragic flaw. If he could wish away all her worries, he would do in a heartbeat, but with a wish so heavy, he knew it wouldn't come for free.