Door Thirty-Five: Ambrosia

IT WAS ANOTHER hot August day in Boston, a day where just the thought of the beach was refreshing and cooling. The rays of the sun beat over the city, baking it like fresh cookies in the oven. To some, it was thought best to stay inside with controlled air conditioning and the eating of ice cream sandwiches, while others prepared for their day at the beach or an open park. While hot, the day was still beautiful as it carried a relaxing Earth breeze along the sun-blocked shoulders.

"Come on, darling," he encouraged with a dimpled smile as he tugged her by the arm up the hill. Indira's stamina was nothing compared to that of Harry's who was practically flying. With as hot as it was, she could never imagine him being so enthusiastic about spending the midday outside.

"Can you at least tell me what we're doing?" She asked, giggling as she did so even though her throat had hurt from trying to catch her breath.

But he didn't answer her. Instead, he continued up the hill until it flattened out into a giant green space. And that was when she saw the large blanket held down by a large designer bag so as  to stop it from blowing away in the summer breeze.

"Harry wh-what's this for?" Her eyebrows were high up on her forehead as she scanned the scene, seeing that next to that bag was another smaller one that seemed to hold a few other things she couldn't quite see from this distance.

From her forearm, his hand slid down to intertwine his hand with hers. Indira looked down with a red blush on her cheeks. He had never held her hand before, and now that she had, she wanted to flaunt it like a golden trophy. When she looked up, the sun cast a perfect angle over Harry's eyes, making the green almost transparent in color had it not been for his wispy eyelashes to cause thin delicate shadows over them. Even his hair, which was let down in a prince charming style over his face, glistened revealing those blondish highlights she noticed when she first cast her eyes on him.

Harry smiled as he gazed down at her, both dimples popping in the centers of his cheeks. He stole a quick peck on the lips from her, then led her to sit on the blanket facing away from the blazing hot sun.

"What's this for, Harry?"

"Well, I figured we haven't had a proper date yet, so I wanted to do this for you," he smiled again as he began taking out small clear container with snacks in them.

"I actually thought...I thought that night we had watched 13 Going on 30 was a date. And then that other day when he had coffee that that cafe you said you liked?" Did he not consider those as dates?

"If I'm gonna be honest with you, love, I thought the first night you had dinner with me was a date."

"That doesn't count," she giggled, "January was there and you only did that because you felt bad for running into me," she pointed out.

Harry chuckled as he opened up one of the containers with thick cut up pieces of a bright red fruit. "Watermelon?" He asked as he held a pieced in his hand. When she nodded and extended her hand to grab a piece, he pulled the container back and said, "Aht, aht. Open." 

Indira, with a smile, bit down on the inside of her lip before proceeding to open her mouth to accept the fruit. His eyes never left her luscious lips even as the fruit settled into her mouth, the sweet juice spreading over her teeth as she chewed on it.

"This is really nice of you, Harry. I love it," she told his as she leaned over to kiss him, his lips prepped with the moisture from his tongue. When she added distance, he still couldn't keep his eyes off of her even after adding a gleeful smile.

He hadn't even paid attention when she had reached for another piece of the red fruit. It had only been a few minutes and he was already lost in her, the way her newly done braids hung over her shoulder, and the way she wasn't wearing a single touch of makeup. This was actually the first time he had seen her without it.