Door Thirty-Seven: Glacier

AFTER GETTING USED to be being around his presence, Indira couldn't help but feel lonely since Harry had been so preoccupied with his work schedule. Her subconscious was haste in reminding her of space, to take time between one another so as to not become too dependent on the other. Of course, in between the time they had not seen each other face to face, they still maintained contact through calls and text messages. On the bright side, it deemed enough to fill her need for, well, him. Indira almost did not want to believe just how fast she caught feelings for him, and how he could make her absolutely dizzy with emotions and internal turmoils. For months, she's fought her same battle of whether or not it should have moved as fast as it did between them, but it had to be noted that intense feelings for one another could happen at any moment, whether that was love-at-first-sight or a few months into the relationship.

According to Harry (and January), she has known more of him in these last few months than anyone has in years; It was a phenomenon, marked permanently in her book of memories. It was to no surprise that he had grown to care for her deeply, and she knew that right from the start. The memory of the first time she saw him felt like a dream, the kind where you wake up and suddenly fail to recall what it was about. It was so far from where they were now that it was as if she was looking at someone entirely different, unrecognizable even. The point had come where she wondered on what it would be like if they had never crossed paths. The possibilities were endless, but the thought of never meeting him had already began tugging the strings of her heart.

How had he felt about me? Did it feel as strong? She wondered, playing with the ends of her hair as she looked up at the ceiling from her bed. She lied completely still underneath her bed covers with her feet crossed at the ankles, eyes almost turning inward from being lost in thought for too long, recalling Natasha's words about Harry loving her. Indira toyed with the idea, questioning whether it was possible for Harry to already love her. Was she ready to love him?

Indira turned on her side to meet with her computer that was hidden underneath one of her many pillows. Her fingers swiftly danced over the keyboard as she typed out her thoughts on the search engine bar, her mind filled with bubbling curiosity and a pinch of mindlessness. Once she clicked "enter", hundreds of results flooded her screen from recent photos to older videos before he became a breakout model. She was surprised to see how drastically different he looked in older pictures, his wavy hair nearly passing the length of his shoulders, and other times his hair nested up in a mop of curls over his forehead. For the next hour, she lay beside her computer, amusing herself with old interviews of Harry. She couldn't even believe that she was looking at the same person. It was clear that he loved what he did and he was passionate about other things like charity work, and mental health, and most of all, treating everyone with kindness. Watching countless videos of him being cheeky with his interviewers and laughing until his eyes crinkled into tiny little slits made her heart full with emotion. Even though this was a few years ago, the warmth of her attraction for him was ever present and attentive, eager for his reciprocation.

Indira pushed the computer away to think about him some more until it drifted her off to sleep, her last thought being that of Harry wrapping her arms around her.

When she awoke the next day due to the incessant noise of her alarm, she began dressing herself to get to work that early morning.

Before she clocked in for work, she messaged Natasha—who had the day off—that she had taken the car. After months of not having a working car, Natasha finally gave in and sent it to the shop to get it fixed. Little to her knowledge, Harry had kindly covered the costs, but told Indira to keep it a secret until it was ready to be driven again. That was another thing that Indira loved: Harry made the effort to be congenial. He knew how much Natasha's friendship meant to her, and he wanted to make sure there was no more bad blood between them. It was all a ploy to make Indira happy, to see that he could be trusted and that he could be mature in predicaments that called for it. She was quick to take those qualities into account, knowing that they could be of great use in the future between them.