Stubborn Pharaoh

As I look at the floor, an unfamiliar, unexpected voice pops up. "You would not believe how stuffy it is in there," a smooth, British accent says. I feel my heart skip a beat. I always did love accents. I really want to look up at him, but I do not wish to be disrespectful.

"How come you speak English?" Nick asks.

"I went to Cambridge University," He says. My heart skips again.

"You went to Cambridge?" Larry asks, confused.

"I was on display in the Egyptology Department. I am Ahkmenrah. Fourth King of the Fourth King, ruler of the land of my fathers," He announces.

"Uhm, I am Larry, son of Milton. This is my son, Nick. We hail from Brooklyn. Well, I do. I mean, he comes out and stays with me on Wednesdays and every other weekend. That was the uhh, custody agreement we had," Larry awkwardly says.

"Larry, Nick, Guardians of Brooklyn. I am forever in your debt. Now, bestow the Tablet upon me so that I may assume command of kingdom," Ahkmenrah says. I can hear him stepping closer.

"Oh yes. Okay. The Tablet. I would love to bestow it upon you, but we don't actually have it. We actually don't have a way out," he says. I stomp on Larry's foot for him being stupid.

"Ow! Why? Why, Kamilah?" He shouts at me. He finally looks at me bowing my head. "What- What are you doing?" He asks, confused.

"You have time to read up on Atilla, but not Ancient Egypt?" I ask in disbelief. He doesn't respond so I just answer him.

"I'm being respectful. He is a Pharaoh, after all," I explain, keeping my eyes down.

"Thank you for your respect, but I haven't served in four thousand years. You needn't be so formal," His smooth voice says. I finally look back up. My eyes lock with Ahkmenrah's.

"Why did you stomp on my foot?" Larry asks.

"We have a way out, but you didn't see it. It's very obvious," I chuckle nervously when I notice Ahkmenrah is still staring at me out of the corner of my eye.

"Which is?" Nick asks. I simply point at the Anubis statues. "They look like they can break open a gate," I state. As Ahkmenrah instructs the statues to open the gate, I step to the side of the room and grab the Pharaoh's headpiece. He's talking to the statues. I quietly step in front of him and he looks down at me. "Pardon me, Pharaoh," I smile and place the golden headpiece atop his head. He narrows his eyes at my face, which is a mere foot away from his.

"You're bleeding," he states. He places his thumb against my eyebrow and I wince, jerking back. He leaves his hand slightly raised now that he has my blood on his thumb. "So sorry. I'm sorry," he furrows his brows.

"No, no. It's not a problem," I say, gabbing the pack of tissues from my pocket and pulling one out. I clean his thumb then press a clean spot of the napkin to my eyebrow then pulling it back. It was clean. I missed.

"Here, allow me," he says. He grabs the napkin from my hand a gently places it on the cut.

"Thank you," I smile. He glances down at my name tag (I know they don't wear name tags in the movie, but I want this to be a thing). "Kamilah. That's Egyptian," he notes.

"Yes. My parents... They fell in love there..." I smile remembering my parents. I step back and sigh with a smile before turning to step away. A large hand grabs my wrist and I turn to look back at Ahkmenrah. "Mind giving me a hand?" he gestures to the cloth wrapped around him.

"Oh, no. Of course," I say, shaking my head. I begin to unravel the wraps, walking in circles around him as I do so. 

I turn to see Nick trying to do the punch/kick combo I used. "What are you? What is that?" Larry asked.