Old Friend

We stand in front of the mirror, looking at our outfits. "Perfect," I smile. We get rung up and I pull out my wallet. I notice Ahk has his hands full of our clothes. "Add that bag as well?" I ask, pointing to a large bag on the shelf.

She types into the register. "You're total is $5,191," She says.

"All righty," I pull out my thick, heavy credit card and pay. The receipt is handed to me and I sign it. I walk over to the bag I pointed out and bring it back over for her to remove the security device. I open the bag and begin loading our old clothes into it.

"Have a nice day," the lady calls out. Ahk turns around and smiles at her.

"It is already the best day ever," he laughs and follows me out. We walk down the street. "Where are we going now?" he asks. I take the bag from him and pull it up on my shoulder.

"Well, I figured we'd stop by to say hi to someone," I smile up at him. We end up making it to the small school in time. "Two guests for Mr. Daley," I say as we enter the office.

"Name?" The lady behind the desk. A older man walks through the office, picking up multiple folders.

"Kamilah Tifft. Ahkmenrah," I gesture to the man beside me.

"Kamilah Tifft?" The older man says. I look into his eyes, recognizing him.

"Principal Addams?" I ask as he walks over. I extend my hand and he shakes it.

"Miss. Tifft. It is so lovely to see you," He smiles.

"Actually, is doctor now," I nod.

"Oh? Doctor of...?"

"Anthropology and Archeology with a focus on Egyptology," I explain, dropping my hand from his.

"Ah. I hear you're visiting Mr. Daley?" He asks.

"Yes," I nod.

"Are you here to talk to his class?"

"No, no. Just visiting as a friend," I smile.

"Very well. Daphne, give these two their visitors badges. Don't forget to come see me before you leave, all right, Dr. Tifft?" He asks.

"Definitely, Principal Addams," I'm handed to sticky visitors badges. I write down both my name and Ahk's.

"He's in room 306," Daphne says.

"Thank you," I smile and we walk out of the office.

"Who was that?" Ahk asks me.

"My old principal. He ran this school when I went here, and I guess he still does," I explain, making my way to the class room.

"You studied here?" He looks around the walls.

"Yeah. When I was a kid," I smile. "Hide," I say when we reach Larry's door. Ahk follows my direction and ducks behind the corner. I knock on the door. "Mr. Daley," I call out. I hear scuffling around the room before the door opens. 

"Kamilah? What are you doing here?" Larry asks, pulling me into a hug. I laugh.

"Thought I'd stop in for a short visit before your class," I smile.

"Yeah?" he asks.

I smirk. "That and there's a surprise," I bite my bottom lip.

"What surprise?" He shakes his head.

"Larry Daley, Guardian of Brooklyn," Ahkmenrah steps from around the corner. Larry's face changes.

"How?" His eyes dart from me to Ahk.