Big Day, Pt 2

I walk into the museum with Cam. It's empty, as the night hasn't started yet. I'm happy there's an hour break between the night and day open times. "Hey, Kamilah!" Larry says as he walks out of the office. "You get the top floor, I get bottom?" He asks, holding the door open for me to clock in.

"Sure. Cam's here," I turn to her. "Just hang around. This'll only take a moment," I explain to her. She nods and starts walking around the museum. I clock in and rush up the stairs and lock up what needs to be locked up and search for people trying to hide. Once we meet back in the lobby, I take Cam with me to Ahkmenrah's sarcophagus. I walk over to the wall with the tablet.

"What's so special about that? It's a hunk of junk," Cam says.

"Everything, Cam. I won't call it a 'hunk of junk' in front of the Pharaoh. It is one of his people's most prized possession," I grin, gesturing to the coffin.

"Wait, there's actually... A body in there? It's not for show?" She asks.

"Yes, there's a person in here," I put emphasis on person, as he can still hear us. "It is a sarcophagus, after all," I chuckle.

"Weird..." She steps over to the gold coffin. "So, what did you want to show me?" She asks.

"This Tablet. The Tablet of Ahkmenrah. It's magical," I raise one brow to her.

"Magic isn't real, Kamilah."

"Keep your mind wide open, Cam," I simply say. "See you in a few," I whisper to Ahk before walking out. We make our way back to the lobby.

"Hey, Cameron," Nick says, standing out of his chair.

"H-Hey, Nick," She smiles a small smile. Larry and I exchange looks. "Do you believe in this 'magic' stuff?" She sits on the desk next to him.

"Believe it? It's true, Cam," he chuckles. My watch beeps.

"Five minutes till sundown!" I exclaim. I rush over to my cousin. "Throughout this whole museum, who would you like to meet?" I smile widely. She looks at me as if I have two heads. "Well?" I wait for an answer.

"I-..." she looks back at Nick and he awaits her answer as well. "I don't know," she shakes her head. My watch beeps again. Three minutes.

"Okay, then. Do you like dogs?" I ask. She nods with an unsure look. "Well, Rexy over here. He's basically a dog. Loves to fetch bones. Wags his tail," I sit next to her and look at Rexy. "And Teddy, the wisest man I've met. Ever need advice or someone to talk to? Teddy's your man. Columbus is great when you get lost. Of course, sometimes he goes in the wrong direction," I make a history joke. "The Huns? Great at story telling, always makes you laugh. The Neanderthals are great listeners. Now, Dexter. He's great at playing games with. Sometimes I make him sneak things from Larry when he's not looking. Ever want to hear two sides of one argument to help you make a good decision? Go to the Civil Ward guys. Lost something? Sacagawea can help. Need some really good friends? Jed and Octavius, from the miniatures, are two of the best friends you'll ever make. Ever need someone to keep you company? Ahkmenrah has your back," I smile to her and she looks at me as if I belong in an asylum. My watch beeps and the sun sets. "You ready?" I slide off the desk.

"Kamilah, my dear!" Teddy says from behind me. Cam yells and tucks her knees into her chest. "You're not bad yourself in the advice department," He smiles to me. He climbs off Texas, hugs me, and walks over to Cam. "Theodore Roosevelt, 26th President of the United States," He smiles and extends his hand to her. She cautiously takes is and shakes hands with him.

"Cameron Smith. Cousin to Kamilah," She explains. After Teddy walks over to Larry, she turns to me. "H-How? I mean... How?" She widens her eyes at me.