Chapter Seven

The deed was done. Mastani had tied the knot with Vivaan. She sat on the bed of their now shared chambers, as he sorted out some court matters outside. Mastani Vivaan Rathod. Her new name was on her lips. She wore an exquisite red lehenga, and was completely covered in gold trinkets. He entered quietly. He had removed the sherwani he had worn, and his turban, leaving him in a simple white dhoti. He came and sat next to her on the bed, and began to remove her jewelry. She trembled slightly. The touch of his fingers burned her skin, seeming to brand her skin. He slipped off her veil, leaving her in the skirt and blouse. 

His eyes met hers. "If you aren't comfortable.."

"It's fine." 

He cracked his slightly crooked smile as he gazed her supple, hourglass figure up and down. He got up and gently pushed her down so she lay on the pillow.

His lips traveled down her neck, planting kisses, some soft, some hard. She knew there would be marks upon her skin the next day. His finger traveled to the clasp of her blouse, which he undid, pulling off the silky fabric. His lips traveled to her exposed chest. She let out a small moan and he smirked, she was enjoying. Really, she wasn't, that moan was of pain, but he took it as a signal to keep going. His hands traveled down to remove her skirt, leaving her naked. He removed his own clothing, and proceeded to continue his one sided love.

~

Flashback:

Mastani sits in the gardens, crying softly. "Mastani beti?" Hurriedly, she dries tears off of her face as her mother comes into view.  Beti," she said, sitting down next to her on the stone steps. "What happened?"

"Avantika didi took my favorite ring and lost it!" she said, showing her mother her bare index finger. Noor smiled thoughtfully, removing her most delicate ring. It had a pearl in the center, and was made of intricately crafted gold. Slipping it onto her daughters finger, she gazed into the six year olds wide, astonished eyes.

"No maa. I cannot take your ring!"

"You are not taking it beti, I am giving it to you, use this to remember me when I am gone." 

"Gone?"

"Are, beti, I am just joking, I won't be gone for a long time. But you shall have a new playmate soon!"

"Really?" Mastani, asked, eyes shining with excitement. Noor took her hand and placed it on her softly curved stomach.

"Your little sibling is in here. We shall meet them in four moons."

"Is it a boy or a girl?" Noor let out a small laugh. 

"We won't know until we meet them yet," she said, pulling her innocent daughter into an embrace. 

"Meet who maa?" 

Noor and Mastani turned to see Avantika standing behind them. She was eight years old, tall, and slender, with doe-like brown eyes, and a moonlike complexion. She wore a lehenga choli made of pink silk, the dupatta draped over her shoulders. Golden trinkets adorned her, the sun necklace establishing her as the oldest child and presumptive heir to the estate. Noor smiled at Avantika.

"Your new sibling." Avantika climbed down next to her mother excitedly. 

"Really maa? I pray it will be another girl. I could use a better sister," she said shooting a fiery glare at Mastani. She continued. "Which do you want?"

Mastani put her hands on her hips. "A boy, at least he will play hide and seek with me."

"I wasn't asking you, I was asking maa."