Chapter Sixteen

"Abhi!"

Mastani greeted her brother in law with a tender embrace. He had grown so tall since she'd last seen him two years ago, handsome as his older brother was.

"Hello Bhaabi. It's been a while," he said with a small smile.

"How is Vivaan?" She asked, walking with him towards down one of the many hallways of her new home. She had just arrived by herself, a few hours ahead of her children, Chandrika, Kavya, and Meera. Niharika was the only one who had traveled with her. They'd left before daybreak, in a plain little wooden carriage to disguise them.

Abhi opened a beautiful, ornate door. "Ask him yourself," he said with a wink, leaving.

"Vivaan!"

She flew into his embrace, weak at the knees. She took in his scent, the musk, the cinnamon. He gently caressed her hair, kissing her softly. She sat down on the bed, taking him in.

His chin was stubbled, cheeks hollower. Dark circles were visible underneath his magnanimous eyes, hair grown out longer than it should have been. He was mellower, sadder.

Tears filled his eyes. "It's gone," he mumbled. "The life I should have given you my love."

A knock sounded on the door of their suite and he immediately hardened. He wouldn't be soft or emotional around anyone but his wives, or children.

Niharika came inside, followed by a few valets who held Mastani's trunks. "The raj maata is calling the Raja and Rani for lunch, in the next hour." she said, bowing, before she exited followed by the valets, who had set the trunks down in the dressing room.

"I need to take a bath," Mastani mused. She had a few days worth of dust on her from travel. Slowly, she removed the dupatta and pashmina shawl she'd draped around herself. "Help me would you?" she asked, motioning to the hooks of her blouse. As he helped her remove the fabric, she untied her lehenga, and slipped on a silk robe.

The bath was ready for her, as Abhi had informed her earlier when he showed her to her room. The marble tub held warm water scented with lavender and vanilla. Taking off her robe, she tied her hair into a sleek knot at the top of her head, and slipped into the water.

She soaked for a few minutes, before moving to dry herself off with towel. "Vivaan? Love can you help me by bringing one of my dresses for me?"

He appeared in the doorway between the dressing room and private bathhouse, stark naked. He'd obviously been getting dressed for lunch. That familiar sensation in his abdomen came, and he couldn't help himself, but move towards her, drawn like an ant to sugar. The clothes in his arms dropped to the floor behind him.

Mastani knew what was coming, and she wanted it badly. She'd missed his touch these past few years, only rarely getting to meet him. She wanted his seed inside of her, growing into another child, but wanted his caress, that tender feeling of his exploration into her body even more.

He carried her, laying her on the bed, crawling over her. She smelled like lavender, driving him mad. Fingers explored her sensitive bundle of nerves below, as his lips explored her neck above. Slowly, he rolled a nipple in between his finger, hearing her gasp. Knowing she was, he asked her, "Are you ready my love?"

"Please," she moaned, clutching the silk sheets.

"As you command," he whispered. She let out a shriek and his eyes widened. "The walls aren't as thick here," he joked, continuing his movement, planting kissed down from her neck to her breasts. His teeth bit into the skin on her neck, sure to leave marks behind.

A knock sounded on the door again and they both were snapped out of the moment, darting towards the dressing room, where with the door closed shut, they fumbled with their clothing quickly.

As Vivaan's nimble fingers worked their way into brushing Mastani's hair, she straightened out her makeup, lining eyes with kajal and staining cheeks and lips rosy pink.

When they emerged from their chamber,  they managed to make it to dinner on time. Vivaan met the kids for the first time in a long time, and they were happy, though circumstances were horrid.

this might be a temporary ending for now. honestly, i've lost all inspiration for this story, and don't know if i can continue it. i'm so sorry loves, - aspen