Chapter 2: Another Strength For Weakness

"Hey (Y/N)!"

I jolted my head and looked at Nagisa. "H-Hey Nagisa."

"What are you and Karma doing?" He asked.

Now I remembered. I sat on a rock just off a cliff edge, while Karma tried his luck balancing on a fallen tree that hung over the edge. I gave myself a rub on the back of the head while my back pulsed. "Waiting. Koro-Sensei s-said he'd be here soon."

"Okay then." He sat down next to me. "You never really did explain what Asano did to you to bully you. You mind telling me?"

I looked at him, my mind frightened at the thought. The devilish orange-red hair and slick purple eyes that sent fear down my spine. "He—"

There was a gust of wind as dust flew around us. I couldn't see anything but brown for a few seconds before Koro-Sensei appeared. "Karma. Nagisa. (Y/n)." He greeted. 

"Hey teach." Karma stood up on the branch. "You'd do anything for your students, right?"

He nodded, "Of course I would."

"You'd kill yourself for them~?"

"What kind of teacher would I be if I didn't?"

I watched in horror at what happened next.

"Good to know." Then Karma fell backwards and off the cliff.

"KARMA!!!!" I yelled out.

The pain I felt was gone. The wind lashed in my face as I sped up. A large feather flew out behind me, catching my eye, but I ignored it.

"(Y/N)!!!!!!!!" I heard a shout from above me as another body started falling from the sky. He hung onto the cliff edge weakly.

"Hold on!" I yelled while I grasped Karma in my arms. I pulled him into me as we started to rise up. The quiet flapping of winged echoed along the wall, but I rushed upward while landing Karma on the log. "Don't kill yourself!" Then I ran to Nagisa. I tried to hold onto his hands as he started slipping.

Too bad for me though. My large feathered back couldn't even help him as I began a steel descend after him. But he had positioned himself to be fast. Faster than before. I could feel a hard pressure in my head as my wings began to ache. I tried to grab Nagisa, diving. Faster! I screamed in my mind.

But by then, we were both already about to hit the ground.

Then there was a small snap as I felt my barn owl-looking wings pull inside of me and the look of terror on my own face as I slapped into some yellow web.

I landed nearly on top of Nagisa, my face extremely close as I fought against a sticky tentacle that put mine and Nagisa's faces close. Shyly, I tried backing away. It worked for a second, until we both dropped three feet from the air on top of each other.

"N-N-N-N-Nagisa!!" I nearly screamed out as tears poured down my face. "Y-Y-You scared me half to death! T-The fuck!" I wiped my tears as a flash of yellow suddenly turned into a fuzzy red color. "K-K-Karma!"

"She only cusses when she's pissed or scared to hell. And I think it's both this time." He slid onto the ground and pressed my face into his chest. I tried to sit on his lap, feeling my way into a comfortable position. By now I had been sobbing out loud, sniffling as Nagisa came into my other side.

My sobs turned into loud cries, quieter but still, loud. I grabbed onto Nagisa's tie without turning around. I pulled him onto me and grabbed his shirt. "Y-You damn idiot!"

Karma almost freaked out. "Don't go all 'i'm pissed because I am,' okay?! You being pissed is worse than me. And that's saying something."

"I don't believe it." Nagisa looked at me. "I mean, she's even size to me. It just makes no sense."

"She's stronger than she looks. Almost tackled me and pinned me down. If it wasn't for her arm being at a slight angle, I woulda probably died." Karma tried to help me stand up, but I just curled up against Nagisa's shirt, using my nails to dig in. One hand on his tie, the other grasping his shoulder, I started to back away.

"D-Don't leave me. A-A-Any one of you."

~~~

Karma and Nagisa were somewhere in the tree I was in. Karma sat in front of me while Nagisa sat on a nearby branch. We all decided to meet up here.

"First off," Karma started, "what's the deal with those wings?"

I felt a pain release from my back as the burst through the holes in my clothes. "Th-They're barn owl w-wings. I wasn't able to f-fly silently because of my p-p-panicking though."

Nagisa looked at me, "Secondly, why do you stutter so much?"

I shook my head and looked away. "I-I j-just di. When y-you saved me from A-Asuno—"

"Did I hear my name?"

I felt like someone stabbed me in the back as Karma and Nagisa slid down the tree. I climbed down carefully, trying to hide my wings in my back until later. I stood next to Karma closer because he was stronger.

"Wh..." I didn't even have the guts to speak in front of him.

"What was that, (Y/n)?" He came closer and looked me dead straight in the eye. "I hope you don't forget what happens to people who don't answer me!"

I saw an arm fly through the air as Asano was thrown to the side. With a small yell I ran behind Nagisa and tried looking over his shoulder. "K-Karma?"

The boy stared at Asano. "Next time you try anything with (Y/n)," he glared at him like a dragon. "you'll get yourself half killed."

Asano wasn't winded and stood up. "You were always the fighting type, Akabane."

Once more, I felt my arms quiver like a freezing owl. I couldn't speak again. These were the reasons I couldn't speak. Why I froze. Why I quivered. Why I stuttered.

I had earned a strength.

It caused a weakness.

Asano Gakushu. My second year bully and rumor starter. A hotspot for chicks and a rival for boys, he was one of the smartest and most popular boys in Gunigikoaka. As for the biggest bully, he brags about himself to people, often forcing them to commit suicide or move down classes. When people see him, they usually fall in love or fill with rage. There's a vibe I got about him that was different. He had told me so that day.

"I'm waiting."

"Waiting for what?"

"For someone."

"Who?"

"Someone."

I blinked back into reality when I heard a thud and a wrist brag my hand. I saw someone standing up while looking at someone from behind, but their hair colors matched so well together that I didn't care for a minute.

I looked forward as the wind brushed into my face. "N-Nagisa! S-S-Slow down a bit!"

"You can carry huge wings and then make them disappear! Why can't you run fast!" He yelled over the wind as I struggled to keep up.

"My body gets tired fast whenever I use them, now slow down!" I half-tripped on a tree root, my foot causing us to become a mess while running. During my slip, Nagisa tried to pull me forward, but was jerked back as the damp grass slid under my feet.

"NAGI—" I suddenly dropped onto the ground, my head tilted at an angle. My uniform was wet in some places and I groaned while watching Nagisa skid onto a rock and nearly faceplanting himself into the ground, but he stopped himself with his elbows.

"W-Why did we run?" I asked. "Now K-Karma could be h-h-hurt over there." I pointed back in the direction we came from. "W-Wait. Was he t-that way, or that w-way, o-or..." I started to stutter complete nonsense now.

"He knows how to handle himself. Let's go. I can see the school."