Chapter 6

"Of course! Thank you! Yes!" There was a moment of silence. "I'll be there. Three hours! Got it! Bye!" I quickly pressed the "End Call" button on my phone and looked at Nagisa. "There's a talent show at the school today. Last minute, but I got in!"

He pumped a fist in the air, "So happy its a Friday! If it's in three hours, I'll get E-Class to sit in the auditorium by..."

"It's 7:43, Nagisa."

"By 10:40! You'll be the second on, right?" He tilted his head just a bit as my face lightened up.

I nodded.

"Okay. Do you know what song you are singing?"

I shook my head, "Maybe. But if anything, I'd rather sing... Uhh..."

"You can choose." He said. "But we should get ready. It's a twenty minute walk to the school, so if we get ready, and be ready by 8:00 AM so we can both get to the school, and you can go to the main campus for preparation. I'll get E-Class!"

I nodded.

Then there was a small hiccup from behind us.

"It's Anzen!" I chuckled. "Cute! She's drinking the water I got there, and she's also using that dog door you don't need." I watched as she started pushing a plastic flap. "Eh. She'll come back, in and out. She's got plenty of food outside and nice water for later."

"She really is cute, like you." He muttered the last phrase.

"What?"

"N-Nothing..."

~~~

"Yeah. That's the perfect song." I whispered in the director's ear.

Then it was my turn. Stage fright was but a distant memory. My condition was only good for one thing— singing. My passageways in my vocal cords seemed to let in more air flow, the best I had every breathed forever.

"I got this," I whispered to myself. I could see Nagisa and Kayano's bright hair in the dimly lit area, smiling at them.

"Carmen quod incipit, idiotae." I looked at the director.

"What?"

"Start the song, please?"

Irina-Sensei snickered silently.

I took a deep breath:

(Play the song!)

Little do you know

How I'm breaking while you fall asleep

Little do you know

I'm still haunted by the memories

Little do you know

I'm trying to pick myself up piece by piece

Little do you know

I need a little more time

Underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside

I've been holding back

For the fear that you might change your mind

I'm ready to forgive you, but forgetting is a harder fight