Chapter 7

I sat down next to the sika deer herd that was outside of the school. Everybody watched me through the window as a few perked ups their heads. The little fawn behind me yelled at them as I opened the gate. She started a mad sprint towards them.

One buck, one of the biggest, had it's antlers up to my chin. He stepped forward, reaching out his snout.

"(Y/n)?" I heard a mutter through the glass.

I flicked off Terasaka through the window and smirked, but it disappeared as I got on my knees. The buck had taken a tear now, scaring me half to death. I was flat on the ground out of fear and respect. And acceptance. My hands sprawled out in front of me. My head lifted.

But the buck had made no move.

I reached my hand out, still on my knees. He sniffed it cautiously, before a slimy tongue came out and licked my finger.

I jolted a little bit. My finger was soon fine, but the whole herd seemed to run like a cheetah when I stood up and looked at them. It felt so soft, my eyes, my mood. So why were they running?

I was answered when a gunshot echoed through the air.

This time, I could hear screams from inside. I fell onto my side.

Nagisa and Karma were the first to approach. "Are you okay?!"

I nodded, sitting up. My bag had a hole in it, and it had hit something very important to me.

Very dear to me.

My lunch.

"NO!! MY LUNCH!! I JUST GOT THAT!!" I yelled out.

"Who cares about the lunch!" Nagisa yelled at me. I heard his voice crack, making me rack with nervousness.

"N-Nagisa? Are you—"

"I'm not okay (Y/n)! You could have been hurt! You could have been worse!"

I looked away from him. I wouldn't see his pained expression. Not yet.

Most of the class started to disperse away from us. It was at the moment we were both alone I stared at him.

"Nagisa.."

His face was running with tears. His blue hair was ruffled and puffed up, and his face was hidden.

"Nagisa I didn't mean to... I didn't..." 

There was a moment of silence before I got up and walked. Away. Away and away, into the forest until I came up on a pink blossom tree in full bloom. Rare, since it was almost winter. I decided to climb up it's beautiful dark branches unto la thick branch appeared. I sat into it, enjoying the restful minutes.

"(Y/n)?"

I looked up quickly. "Nagisa? H-How'd you find me?" I pulled myself together shyly.

"I needed to find you. I-I'm sorry for being overprotective. It's hard when you have an avusive mother and th—"

"What did you just say?!" I yelled out.

"Nothing!" He turned pale and climbed up the tree next to me. "It's nothing! Really!"

"Nagisa, I know when you're lying." I muttered in his ear.

He sat right next to me, but a little bit taller.

"You're right. She... My mom, she's not like other moms..." His voice seemed to pick up with each word.

"Go on." I wrapped my arm around his. I hid my blushing in my hair and slacked it in front of my cheeks.