seven

Bucky

"I...um..." a male voice that Bucky didn't recognize started, causing the brunet to stand up in surprise.

Tasha doesn't do boy toys, especially this early in the morning, so...who is it?

"You're late. Know what that means? I get this for free. Thank you, goodbye!" Tasha ripped the large pizza box from the poor delivery boy's hands before slamming the door in his face.

She turned on her heels towards Bucky and grinned. She held up the pizza box for emphasis when she said, "I got us meat lovers' pizza!"

Bucky couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips, just like he couldn't help the rumble of his stomach at the mention and smell of pizza.

"You know it's like 5:30 in the morning, on a Tuesday...right?" Tasha shrugged off Bucky's raised eyebrows and questioning tone, swiftly advancing to the kitchen.

"And? You're definitely not going to school, so why should I?" Bucky opened his mouth to argue, but closed it once he realized he couldn't really stop her. He shrugged and went into the kitchen, reaching for a slice of pizza.

"So, I've noticed that you're hooking up with a certain...rich boy," he teased, smirking when he noticed Tasha's body tense up for a moment. It only lasted for a second, though, and then she went right back to chewing her piece of pizza.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Bucky," she lied smoothly around the pizza. Bucky scoffed, wiping his hands clean of the crumbs before going back to the computer, turning it on and clicking on the Instagram page.

"Mhmm, so you haven't been DMing him for the past..." he checked the first exchange of texts between the two, having to scroll up quite a lot. "Wait, you guys have only been talking for a day?" His incredulous voice reached Tasha, who blushed.

"Shut up, Bucky. It was the first day back, and we're friends," her gaze dropped from her advancing best friend to the pizza, and Bucky raised an eyebrow.

"So, you admit that you've been talking to him?" She blushed harder, and Bucky stuck his finger in her face. "Ha! You admit it! And you're so in love, and you're gonna have little Tasha Stark babies–" He shouted, causing Tasha to surge over the island and slap her hands over his mouth, shutting him up.

"Why don't you shout a little louder? I don't think the people on the end of the block heard you," she hissed in his face, only eliciting a cheeky grin from him. Tasha sighed, picking up her plate and moving to the large couch in the living room.

"When's your first date?" Bucky inquired in a drawling voice, sticking another bite of pizza in his mouth. The blonde froze for a moment before dropping onto the couch with a groan.

"It's not like that, Bucky. I...I don't think he's into me like that," she admitted softly, causing Bucky to stop chewing. He chuckled lowly, setting his slice down and moving over to the couch, brushing his hands together.

"You, Natasha Romanoff, are the most badass, most beautiful, most kind-hearted person I've ever met. If he doesn't see that, then screw him. Move on to the next rich guy, am I right?" Tasha laughed, giving him a knowing stare as she did so. Bucky rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"If only it were that easy, Buck." He nodded, breathing in through his clenched teeth. "Speaking of–"

"Nope. We're not talking about that, or him." Tasha's jaw dropped, and she reached over to smack his arm.

"We have to! You literally hallucinated–"

"Yup, it happened. Great! We talked about it, now we're done." He clapped his hands together and grabbed the remote, turning the TV on. Tasha gaped at him.

"You–" she was cut off by the doorbell, again, and the two of them exchanged a glance.

"Are we going to be murdered?" Tasha whispered at the same time Bucky asked, "Did you order two pizzas?"

He rolled her eyes at her dramatics and stood up, tossing the remote down on the couch.

"Don't get your panties in a twist, hun. I'll get it. If I'm not back in thirty seconds, grab the umbrella and go all Mary Poppins on his ass, okay?" He grinned as Tasha tossed her head back in laughter.

Bucky made his way to the front door, adjusting his shirt so it covered his scars, and looked through the peephole. He shrugged when he found nothing, leaning over to the living room as he unlocked the door.

"Get ready, Tash, you might have to fight a squirr–"

"Hey, Bucky."

"What the hell are you doing here?"