twenty four

Bucky

Bucky quickly ran into the warehouse, shouting an apology to an awaiting Wanda, who just looked disappointed. He dashed into the bathroom and stripped out of his hastily thrown-on jeans and tee shirt, getting the fabric caught in the creases of his metal more than once as hurriedly tried to remove his clothing.

The brunet jumped around, trying to get his legs into his gray sweats, running into the wall of the stall more than once. He then pulled a black muscle tee over his head, sighing in defeat and annoyance when he realized it was backwards.

After fixing himself, Bucky shoved his day clothes into his dance bag and switched them out for a water bottle and a towel.

The tall brunet jogged out of the bathroom and tossed his bag on a couch in the corner of the room, running a hand through his hair before walking up to Wanda.

"I–" he started, looking for an excuse as to why he was late, but she held up a hand, cutting him off.

"I don't want your apology, I just want your dancing." And with that, she dropped a finger on the play button on her phone, making the intro to Britney Spears' The Hook Up shake the walls of the large building.

Wanda gave Bucky a look before stepping into her place, and Bucky quickly went to stand next to her, placing an arm around her waist.

An easy smile came to rest on his lips as the singing began, and the pair began dancing. It was a routine they were working on just the two of them, something on the side Bucky had talked to Wanda about a couple months ago. He was reminded yet again how much he loved dancing, especially after a couple weeks' break from it.

Bucky gripped Wanda's waist tightly as she swung her hips, ready to spin her around as the choreography required. He never thought twice about how sexual they got with each other, as both of them were gay and just really good friends.

He never really paused to think about how difficult the dance moves were, either. He just followed the instructions or videos he was given, added his own little twist, and went with it. He was very articulate and graceful, and a fast learner, so it wasn't hard to perfect even some moves he'd never seen before.

Once, when Wanda let him choreograph alongside her, he showed the rest of the crew something he thought was really easy, and they stared at him with wide eyes, unable to even dream of doing what he did.

He didn't assist Wanda after that.

When the two had finished dancing, their movements ending just as the song did, the room erupted in shouts and whistles. Bucky, his chest rising and falling rapidly with a layer of sweat covering his entire body, looked around to see the rest of his crew standing around them, having caught the last of their dance.

Wanda smiled, wiping her forehead before turning around and greeting the rest of the crew and her girlfriend, Shuri. Bucky stepped forward and paused the next song playing, taking a deep breath before turning around to face his friends.

Soon, a grin came over his features as he mingled with the rest of the dancers. There was a mutual understanding about their shared passion, and it was easy to get along with all of them.

"Hey, Bucky!" A familiar raven-haired boy came in a couple seconds after everyone else, and Bucky turned around to see Tony jogging into the room, a smile on his face.

Bucky returned the smile, glad that he had cleared up the whole 'you-and-Sharon-are-fucking' debacle before practice; otherwise, they never would've been able to work together.

"Hi, Tony. You ready for practice?" Bucky greeted the boy with a handshake, and Tony's smile faltered. He tugged on Bucky's hand to bring him closer to his face, and Bucky's eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't tell anyone, but I didn't get a chance to practice the new routine Wanda sent out. Gods, I hope she doesn't make us do it today, because–" he never got the chance to finish because Wanda clapped her hands, drawing everyone's attention to her.

"Alright everyone, I hope you all had a chance to practice the new routine I sent out to you all–that's what we're doing today!"

Bucky snickered into his hand as Tony groaned loudly. The brunet reached forward and clapped a metal hand onto Tony's shoulder, patting it a couple times.

"Just follow me, yeah?" Tony looked up and his face twisted into a grimace.

"Bucky, nobody can follow you, you're too good." At this, Bucky just laughed, shaking his head. The two boys split up, Bucky standing at the front with Wanda and Tony going near the other boy in the group, Scott.

Just before Shuri was about to press play on the music, Wanda whirled around, her eyes wide.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you guys, we got a new member–"

"Wow, you guys are so rude, starting without me." A shrill voice cut Wanda off, making her eyebrows furrow.

Bucky winced, instantly recognizing the voice.

"Sorry, honey. Guys, this is our new member–"

"Oh Lord, of course I get put on the stupid fag's team."

"--Sharon Carter."