fourteen

Bucky

Bucky entered the loud, dark, crowded club, immediately bombarded by girls–and guys–in little clothing, a sticky floor due to spilling alcohol, and a deep base that reverberated through his body. He avoided the first two–though keeping his eye out for a possible contender to be his escape for the night–and allowed his body to move with the third as he searched the room for his friends. He eventually found them all hanging around the bar.

"Hey, this is pretty cool," he admired the club more when he reached them, and Clint hummed in response. Peter looked way too excited, like he'd never seen the inside of a club before, and Loki was busy checking out a group of girls giggling and pointing at him.

Tasha tugged on Bucky's shirt, making him lean down so she could whisper in his ear.

"Cool? This place is fucking amazing!" She screeched, making Bucky jump away from her in surprise. He sent a glare down at her as he rubbed his now ringing ear. She only laughed at his expression, shoving his chest playfully.

She turned to the bar and grabbed a random shot glass filled with a clear liquid, toasting to Bucky with a grin before tossing it back with a grimace. Bucky raised an eyebrow at his best friend.

"You really don't know the meaning of 'dial it down', do you?" Tasha rolled her eyes and leaned over the bar, summoning a bartender. It was easy enough, as her low-cut shirt exposed most of her cleavage, and she was displaying all of it. She quickly ordered two more shots and handed one to Bucky, clinking their glasses together.

"Baby, I'm just tryna have fun tonight," she shouted over the music, making Bucky chuckle and shake his head. He took one more look at the shot glass before shrugging and raising it to his lips.

"Whew!" He shuddered at the burn, setting the glass back down on the counter and wiping his chin with the back of his hand.

"Hey, I wonder if Tony is here tonight," Tasha mused, standing on her tiptoes to look above the crowd. At the mention of Tony, Bucky cringed and his eyes dropped to his best friend.

He hadn't told anyone about Steve and Tony's fight, or the reason behind it. He was worried how they would react–especially Tasha.

"He said he got into a fight with Steve, I hope they're both okay." She finished and turned to Bucky, who was rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. She narrowed her eyes and pointed to him accusingly. "You knew?"

"Uh...yeah, I knew, I was just...waiting for the right time to tell you," he said, and Tasha rolled her eyes. Bucky braced himself for something bad, but she just playfully shoved his chest again.

"Asshole. Admit it, you didn't tell me because you thought I'd take Tony's side," she poked him with a manicured finger, and Bucky quickly shook his head.

"No! That's not it, at all. I don't care whose side you take, I'm not even taking a side. I just...they were fighting over me," he finally said, and Tasha's eyes went wide.

"What?!"

"You need to tell your boyfriend that I'm gay and definitely not sleeping with Sharon," Bucky snorted, catching the way Tasha's face reddened when he called Tony her boyfriend. She sighed and pinched her nose.

"Yeah, I'll tell him. I figured he knew, but apparently he doesn't pay attention to social media too much,"

"Sure, unless it's you." Bucky teased, thinking back to their DMs on Insta together. Tasha gasped and hit him again, making Bucky chuckle.

"I hate you. Go...suck a dick or something," she shoved him away again, and Bucky smirked.
"Ew! No, actually–oh my gods, I'm going to go dance." Tasha shook her head and stepped around Bucky, who laughed at her discomfort.