seventeen

Bucky

"You did what now?" A feminine voice sounded from the kitchen, and Bucky froze against the door.

Shit. I thought she was out with Tony? Why isn't she out with Tony?

"Bucky? What happened?" Tasha finally made her way into the foyer, wiping her hands on her already messy apron. Her blonde hair was up in a messy bun, her blue eyes filled with only some concern–they were mostly filled with cockiness and knowing. She placed her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrows at her best friend, who hadn't moved his gaze from the floor. Bucky could tell his cheeks were on fire.

"Hmm?" She tried again, and Bucky sucked on his bottom lip, pretending not to hear her.

"Who called who Stevie?" A deeper voice reached Bucky's ears and he straightened, instantly recognizing Tony's voice. He glanced from the kitchen over to Tasha, who now was avoiding his gaze.

Oh, how the tables have turned.

"Tony? Is that you?" Bucky called, a smirk settling on his lips as he stared at his best friend, who was slowly backing away.

"Yeah..." Tony stepped out of the kitchen and into the foyer, arms crossed menacingly. Bucky was taller than him, but that didn't stop Tony from being intimidating. He glared at Bucky, and the brunet's smirk faltered.

"Tony–"

"You and Sharon are fucking." His tone left no room for questioning, and Bucky's eyebrows shot up at his bluntness. He heard Tasha suck in a breath, but Bucky was only focused on Tony.

"Actually–" he tried, but was cut off again by Tasha slapping Tony roughly.

"You imbecile. You can't just come into my house and accuse my best friend and roommate of something he didn't even do, especially not without letting him defend himself. I don't care how much I like you," Tasha ground out through gritted teeth, making Tony's arms fall to his sides. He raised an eyebrow at the end, a small smile coming onto his lips.

"You...like me?" At this, Tasha blushed, but she hid it with another slap to his shoulder.

"Not important right now, playboy. Listen to what Bucky has to say." She gestured to Bucky, whose eyebrows were drawn together in confusion.

"I thought you were gonna tell him?" Bucky asked, raising his hand to point at Tasha. She blushed harder and dropped her gaze, her hands fisting in her apron.

"I...never got around to it," she muttered, and Tony smirked with pride. Bucky's jaw dropped.

"You did not fuc" Tasha cut him off with a wave of her hands.

"Just–tell him, please, before he beats you up," she begged, and Bucky's eyebrows rose again.

"You don't think I can take him? Because–"

"Bucky!" They both shouted, making Bucky cringe. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"I'm gay, Tony. I was not the one you saw making out with Sharon, and yes, I know that she's been cheating on Steve. I've known for a couple days now." Tony's eyebrows got higher and higher and his eyes got wider and wider as Bucky kept talking. Tasha's lips parted, and she hummed.

"That's what you were so worried about on Thursday when you asked for our help," she mused, and Bucky nodded, turning his attention to her.

"Sorry I didn't tell you sooner, Tash." She waved her hand, dismissing him. He relaxed a little and finally stood up straight, no longer relying on the door to hold him up.